Profile for Mr. R. Holden > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Holden

Mr. R. Holden "roger" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Black & Decker 1L Chain Saw Oil
Black & Decker 1L Chain Saw Oil
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit 'thin', 22 Jun 2014
Good value and seems to do the job OK. It's a bit thin though - not as viscous as stuff I've bought from the garden centre. But my Bosch electric chainsaw seems to work as fine as ever with this.

Duracell Lithium Coin CR1616 3v Pack of 1
Duracell Lithium Coin CR1616 3v Pack of 1
Offered by ECOTRONICS
Price: 1.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Rav 4 key works again, 22 Jun 2014
Got this to replace a dead one in a key for a Rav 4. Was surprised it could be done so cheaply.

UniBond Original Duct Tape High Strength Adhesive Black 50mm x 25m
UniBond Original Duct Tape High Strength Adhesive Black 50mm x 25m
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 22 Jun 2014
Well what can I write? It's Duct tape and thus does what Duct tape does. A good price and it's always useful to have this tape around.

Shoe String Real Horse Hair Polishing Brush 89965 Brown
Shoe String Real Horse Hair Polishing Brush 89965 Brown
Offered by UK.Shoes Retail
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit small and does shed bristles, 22 Jun 2014
Good for the money, gets shoes polished but it is a little small and does shed a few bristles. Otherwise it's fine and gets the job done.

Kiwi Shoe Polish Black 50ml
Kiwi Shoe Polish Black 50ml
Offered by ViaGenius
Price: 1.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic shoe polish, 22 Jun 2014
Got this as I only ever polish shoes for the odd wedding or job interview and got fed up of the gimmicky 'quick' polish type solutions so went back to the class Kiwi polish, a cloth and a brush for much better results.

Silverline 244979 5 Piece Disposable Brush Set
Silverline 244979 5 Piece Disposable Brush Set
Offered by SoSupplies Ltd
Price: 2.24

1.0 out of 5 stars total rubbish, 22 Jun 2014
I know these are very cheap, but they are still a waste of money. As others have written, the constant dropping of bristles is a hassle too much. I've had very cheap brushes from DIY stores before which have been much better. Yes, even 'proper' brushes shed the odd bristle but these are just ridiculous. I didn't even get quarter way varnishing a small wooden plaque before tossing the brush in the bin.

A false economy if ever there was one...

Linens Limited Value Range Polypropylene Hollowfibre Anti-Allergy Duvet/Quilt, 7.5 Tog, Single
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 22 Jun 2014
Got this for our daughter who's recently moved into a proper bed and all we had were higher tog duvets under which she was too hot.

No, this isn't a luxury duvet but neither is the price. Our 3 year old girl sleeps 13 hours under this every night so what else do you need?

MENS ITALIAN DESIGNER LEATHER WALLET GIFT BOXED WALLETS BY ACORN
MENS ITALIAN DESIGNER LEATHER WALLET GIFT BOXED WALLETS BY ACORN
Offered by THE WALLET SHACK
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good..., 22 Jun 2014
Bought this as a gift so can't comment on day to day use, durability etc but it looks and smells like quality leather and the internal compartments seem sensibly laid out. I'd buy one when my current wallet wears out...

Speedo Classic Men's Aquashort - Navy, 34"
Speedo Classic Men's Aquashort - Navy, 34"
Offered by Herbert Sports
Price: 14.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than men's swimming 'knickers'!, 22 Jun 2014
Where we holiday in France they insist (yes really - not just the sign that everyone ignores) that us guys cannot wear swimming shorts. The sight of me in a pair of budgie-smuggler Speedos is not something I want to inflict on the world so I bought these. They are way better and while I'd still wear a pair of board shorts around the pool, actually swimming in these I don't feel so much of an idiot.

They are actually comfortable and dry very quickly.

Silverline 140863 Face Shield and Visor Clear
Silverline 140863 Face Shield and Visor Clear
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit wonky but superb value, 22 Jun 2014
This is a great value face shield. Mine's a little 'wonky' - the yellow plastic top part on mine doesn't look like it's been made right and it looks very odd on my head. But I didn't buy this for looks, it's to protect my face and eyes without spending a fortune. It's easy to assemble and quick to adjust to your head size.

Yes it's built to a price. If I was to use it every day I'm sure it wouldn't last long, but for the odd job around the house or garden every now and then I think it's brilliant. I had to grind through a stone path and this gave me excellent face protection. I was worried ear defenders wouldn't fit over, but they do and if wearing a breathing mask it doesn't steam up unlike safety specs or goggles.

Very pleased with this.