Profile for jenny hill > Reviews

Content by jenny hill

jenny hill

Samsung 540U3C 13.3-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Titan Silver) - (Intel Core i3 3217U 1.80GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this product!, 30 Jan. 2014
I have a Samsung ultrabook series 5 NP540U3C and wish I had never bought it. It is only 10 months old and still under guarantee and has already had 2 major issues. The first after only a month after buying it was a faulty RAM, kept going to BSOD (blue screen of death) so was pretty unusable for the first month or so... BAD but repairable.
But WORSE still after only 10 months the HINGE mechanism jammed ... I was unable to open/close the product without causing further damage. I have seen other reviews of similar faults in the hinge mechanism on other similar notebooks/ultrabooks. Samsung technical team will not repair the damage even though it is still under guarantee as they are saying I caused the damage while closing it.
THESE PRODUCTS ARE FAULTY (although Samsung will not admit this) You just need to read all the negative reviews to see (I wish I had) Yes it looks beautiful and is slim and sleek but I feel sick after throwing £600 away on a shoddy badly designed piece of equipment. DO NOT BUY!