Profile for Antonia > Reviews

Content by Antonia

Antonia

Golebo Crystal screen protector for ZTE Kis - (Crystal clear, Air pocket free application, Easy to remove)
Offered by DISAGU protectionfilms
Price: 1.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so quick but don't panic, 20 Feb 2013
Having bought a new phone I was anxious to protect the screen before it got scratched. I ordered this, partly because of all the glowing reviews and was disappointed, four days after purchasing, to receive an email that it had been despatched and would arrive in a further three weeks's time. In fact it arrived only 1 week later. The instructions for fitting were minimal, there was certainly no email; I put it on very slightly crooked, which is a pity. However, it is protection, and apart from the crooked edge is virtually invisible.

Three Cups Of Tea
Three Cups Of Tea
by Greg Mortenson
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Politicians should read, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Three Cups Of Tea (Paperback)
Reading this book at the time of the Algerian hostage situation, I can't help feeling all politicians should read this and see how much more education can achieve rather than warmongering.

BT Freelance XT3500 Twin Digital Cordless Answerphone
BT Freelance XT3500 Twin Digital Cordless Answerphone

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, pity about the screen, 30 Aug 2012
I bought this phone because the buttons were large and easy to use for both myself and my husband whose sight is failing. Unfortunately the lettering on the screen is very fine, almost impossible to read. We are therefore having to return the phones.

The Weekday Missal (Red edition)
The Weekday Missal (Red edition)
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth waiting for, 13 Aug 2012
When the new translation of the Mass was introduced last December, I was given a Christmas present of a new Sunday Missal. However, this left me with the old translation on weekdays. I was somewhat loath to commit myself to the New Daily Missal as it would duplicate with the Sunday Missal and seemed very big indeed. I therefore ordered the new Weekday Missal, published by Collins. This was due for publication at the end of January.

At the end of January I was told it would not be available till April, and in April, publication was delayed till the end of June. However, at the end of June it finally arrived and I am delighted with it. It follows the same format as my previous Missal so it is easy for me to use. The single sequence of saints' days, without the special British and Irish ones being relegated to an appendix, is a significant improvement. It does not include the parallel Latin texts as in the CTS version, but personally, I don't miss that; you spend less time turning the pages during the Mass. I have needed to add a few extra markers to find my way through the Eucharistic Prayers but that is a small concession. It is still a large book and I hope the binding will last but I am certainly happy to have only 2,400 pages rather than 3,400. All in all I recommend this Weekday Missal to anyone who likes to follow the Mass during the week.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2012 4:55 PM BST

Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Price: 21.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Jan 2012
I bought this kettle because of the excellent reviews on Amazon and am so disappointed. First, I can never see from outside whether there is water or not; you have to lift the lid and look. Second it pours so badly, my kitchen worktop is constantly awash because of the water that has spilt while pouring.