Profile for rodgersviews > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Doors of Perception: And Heaven and Hell
The Doors of Perception: And Heaven and Hell
by Aldous Huxley

3.0 out of 5 stars Huxley is great writer, but perception is not a compilation of otherness, 13 July 2012
I enjoyed reading this book very much, but I didn't read it as an example of enlightenment or clearness of perception. I read it as a well written piece of literature. Huxley is a brave novelist and thinker. One only needs to read his visionary "Brave New World" to come to this conclusion. He knows how to put certain ideas into words, he knows how to show things. And that is, in my opinion, all and the maximum you can expect from a mortal human being. A gifted human being (a gifted artist of whatever nature) is able to compile information, to form conclusions and to express them in one way or another that is more or less original. As much as I love any form of art, I would never try to gain any kind of liberty of perception from it. Perception is not art, it's not something you can achieve artificially. It's a gift beyond human creation.

Wolf T3 Deluxe stash box for smoking accessories
Wolf T3 Deluxe stash box for smoking accessories
Offered by Imago Global

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this box, 13 July 2012
OK, so one day I'll have to face the fact that smoking is bad and that it will ruin my health if I don't stop! Until that day comes, though, I will enjoy very single cigarette as much as I can, the best way I can. This box is very classy and very practical. It is nice to have all your smoking stuff in one place, in a good quality wooden box. I definitely recommend it to all smokers!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like in the good ol' days, 9 July 2012
Did your grandfather ever tell you how he used to shave when he was a young lad? No? Mine did and the image somehow stuck with me. A few weeks ago I suddenly got the urge to try it out - the old double edge razor. So I purchased this Merkur 34C because it had many great reviews. And indeed, it is a very fine razor! It makes the shaving experience unique and the results are fantastic! I will never go back to Gillette & Co.

Sonic Bomb SBB500SS Loud Plus Vibrating Alarm Clock - Black- UK Version
Sonic Bomb SBB500SS Loud Plus Vibrating Alarm Clock - Black- UK Version

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing WILL wake you up - for sure!, 9 July 2012
I usually have no troubles waking up early - quite the opposite. I normally wake up at 6 am, WITHOUT and alarm clock. Lately, though, I have been having some sleeping problems, and in order to wake up at my usual time I needed to buy an alarm clock. This "sonic bomb" is indeed a bomb. It makes hitting the snooze button impossible. Once the vibration starts, there is no way you're going to go back to bed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2012 2:06 PM BST

Fulton Ambassador Men's Umbrella Black One Size
Fulton Ambassador Men's Umbrella Black One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Good umbrella, 9 July 2012
I'm not exactly an umbrella man, and I usually prefer to wear a rain coat or anything else that protects me (more or less) from getting soaking wet. A few weeks ago I had to go to a classy event and I couldn't show up looking like a student backpacking through Europe. As it was likely to rain that day, I bought this Ambassador umbrella. It's a big, sturdy umbrella and it kept me dry all the way to the venue. And I must say, it did make me feel a bit more upper class :)

Black Classic Retro Unisex (Mens / Womens) Aviator Sunglasses With Black '2 Click' Frames / Lenses with Protective Case, Cleaning Cloth, Pouch & Cords Full UV400 Protection Cat 4 Lenses

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shades, 5 July 2012
I totally love these sun glasses. I actually got a first pair from a friend a couple of summers ago, but I managed to lose them on holiday in Greece. Because I had gotten so used to them I purchased a new pair straight away. One has to admit - they look fantastic! And, what's even more important, they offer good protection! Even on super bright sunny days!

The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995]
The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Tim Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Shawshank redemption - without a doubt one of the best movies ever, 5 July 2012
What is there to be said about this movie that hasn't already been said? Not much, I'm afraid. I would just like to mention again that it is one of the greatest movies in American film history. It has so much substance and novelty, such brilliant acting performances and extraordinary characters, a wonderful plot and perfect cinematography!

Cygnett Glam Glossy Finish Folio Stand Case for iPad 2 - Red
Cygnett Glam Glossy Finish Folio Stand Case for iPad 2 - Red
Offered by Gee Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 3 July 2012
I bought this for a friend, as a gag because she is quite the opposite of glam (when it comes to fashion, of course). I expected a shocked face, but she was rather delighted (which shocked me!!). So the reaction I got wasn't exactly what I was aiming for, but I am nonetheless happy that she liked it. And when I come to think about it, I actually like it myself. It is extremely well made, the leather offers great protection and it also turns from a simple case into a very good stand. And if you also take into consideration the price, you can't be anything but satisfied with this product!

2013 Gill Sunglasses Travel Case 9640
2013 Gill Sunglasses Travel Case 9640
Offered by mcrltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain travel case, 26 April 2012
Simple design, which can contain even a bigger set of glasses, like the ones I have.
It is also quite durable and thus protects them well against any damage.

I've been reading reviews that mention the zip being a bit tricky, but I haven't noticed that with my case. So far, it's been smooth running.

The inside is also made to hold your glasses and protect them. I would have liked a picture of the interior too, but luckily it was ok even if I didn't get to see it beforehand.

Fast delivery, especially given the price!

Eggsercizer Resistive Hand Exerciser
Eggsercizer Resistive Hand Exerciser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for relaxing the arm muscles and training the hand, 26 April 2012
I've started guitar lessons recently and my professor recommended me an eggsercizer, because it helps relax my hands after the lesson. Until I manage to play without being so tense in my fingers (and communicating this tension all the way to the rest of my arm), this eggsercizer seems to be doing the trick.
It's just the right size to fit into your palm and the texture is pleasant to the touch. It also improves my blood flow to the fingers, which normally are very cold no matter the weather.

The extra soft one is a good choice for a start, because you get to work your way up to a level of comfort and you can accommodate with the feeling in time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5