Profile for Juliet Tindale > Reviews

Juliet Tindale

JML Star Chef Deluxe
JML Star Chef Deluxe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 3 Oct 2011
I previously owned an Intellichef. The first one broke after three months and the replacement broke after four months. It couldn't be replaced because they have now been discontinued.........too many faults!
I was bereft! I used my 'magic cooker' every day. What was I to do?
I ordered the Starchef and I thought I was going to get a much inferior product to the Intellichef..... but HOORAY, HURRAH AND WHOOPIDOO I was completely wrong in my assumption.....IT'S FANTASTIC!.
Not only does it have all the functions you need it's much easier to clean. So don't hesitate - go ahead and buy one!

Haiku Knits
Haiku Knits
by Tanya Alpert

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Haiku Knits (Hardcover)
This book is worth owning just for the pictures. I never thought a book of knitting patterns could qualify as a 'coffee table book' but this definitely does so if you enjoy just looking and/or being inspired by ideas then this book is for you.

I think it's going to be difficult to get hold of the knitting yarns unless you use the internet and choose the exact colours specified....bit of a shame because there's nothing nicer than wool shopping and the touchy,feely part! Some of the Japanese yarns have metal in the mix - no good at airport security I think!

Most of the patterns recommend using circular needles but you could use straight needles instead - hooray! Why? Because I've just never got the hang of using circular needles - they always seem so fiddly. Note to self...must try harder!

The kimino style top on the front cover is beautiful and rated as 'easy'(which I agree with.)I think I'm going to try using alternative yarns and I have plenty of projects in the pipeline to keep me busy until I find what I'm looking for.

Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron in White and Blue - 2400 W
Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron in White and Blue - 2400 W
Price: 19.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but not surprised, 10 Aug 2011
This is a really basic iron that would be good for a student (they rarely, if ever, iron - I should know because I have four of them...students that is....not irons!!!)The flex is too short, the steam generation is insufficient to get the creases out of linen and cotton T shirts and it only has one temperature that works - HOT.
I live in a hard water area and go through kettles and irons at an alarming rate so I bought this model on the basis that it had been about thirty quid and was half price. Rubbish! It has never been for sale for 30 in any other place than a darkened cellar in Outer Mongolia! And....guess what? You get what you pay for....ho hum.
Two stars awarded - 1 star because it is an iron (just about) and 1 star for my life lesson learned!