Profile for Margaret Charles > Reviews

Content by Margaret Charles

Margaret Charles "jennywren" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Steel's Edge (The Edge Book 4)
Steel's Edge (The Edge Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 May 2013
Very unsatisfactory ending to an original series. The quirky edge took a back seat to a tall dark and rugged "romance" novel.

Fate's Edge (The Edge Book 3)
Fate's Edge (The Edge Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love....., 15 May 2013
I have loved the edge books right from the beginning and fate's edge doesn't let down...am right off now to start the next, and sadly, I gather final of this remarkable series of books.

First Grave On The Right: Number 1 in series (Charley Davidson)
First Grave On The Right: Number 1 in series (Charley Davidson)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really different, 28 April 2013
This is a review quite simplistic. Read the book and enjoy - really is different and well worth your time and money....enjoy. :-)

Dead on the Delta
Dead on the Delta

5.0 out of 5 stars My oh my, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Dead on the Delta (Kindle Edition)
Please please don't change your style or originality....please don't chug out books too quickly so they lose the sense of totally new and fresh writing.....and most of all keep on going to keep this slightly jaded reader a happy bunny :)

Samsung RV520-W01US Compatible Laptop Power AC Adapter Charger
Samsung RV520-W01US Compatible Laptop Power AC Adapter Charger
Offered by Power4Laptops

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 13 April 2013
This is probably the most useless item i have ever bought - and that includes can openers that break after 2 goes on tin of mushroom; yeah i know easy cook but in my defence i was extremely hungry. anyway; unless you enjoy sitting holding battery charger in correct place for 2 hours then this is most definitely not for you. Nuff said !!!!

Black Howl (A Black Wings Novel Book 3)
Black Howl (A Black Wings Novel Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as......, 6 April 2013
This is a very fast and exciting read..however not quite as good alas as its predecessors. That said its well worth catching up as long as you see it as a filler for the next instalment ....for newbies to the black series do read or you could find yourselves in a tangled maze!!!!

Samsung RV520 15.6 inch Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i3 2330M 2.20GHz, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB, DVDSMDL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars My little precious!!, 7 Aug. 2012
This is the first time I have bought a brand new laptop; one that is my very own & am configurating myself (please let me off if technical stuff & wording is beyond this review). I was scared to touch it at first....now 2 days later my bright shiny new pc has become my little precious - no-one; but no-one can touch it; it is mine, all mine :-) To give you an idea of how good it is my pc/laptop/degree in computer games design son is actually jealous and the design and simplicity of use, and price, shape and layout of keys are good enough that I am definitely considering buying one for my daughter who has downs syndrome and finds that usually keys are difficult to use....not these. Anyway, as said above, 'my little precious' is great :-)Thanks to Amazon she arrived in two days and thanks to Samsung for a little gem....one happy customer.

Mortal Instruments 5: City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments)
Mortal Instruments 5: City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments)

3.0 out of 5 stars i'm really not sure......, 15 July 2012
I had been looking forward to the next in the series, however I usually tend to wait (if I like the look of the start of a series) until there are a few published so I can really get immersed and don't have to remind myself what happened to who, how, when & where. This works fine for me as when the inevitable 4th/5th is released I am able to get straight in there, life & soul, if you wish. I did the same with the Mortal Instruments except, despite loving the first 4, I suddenly find I cannot for the life of me 'get into' this one...perhaps it is me, but having read quite a few other reviews who seem to be having the same problem, I have to come to the conclusion that I am not yet senile; rapidly approaching but not quite !!! I have this in book form and on kindle now - and not easier to read with print enlarged....question here. Has anyone noticed that print in books is getting smaller and smaller since kindle rode into town..ending up having to download to kindle to read it??

Back to City of Lost Souls - I am going to give it another try (for fifth time) as writing review has brought some of the characters back to mind. Perhaps it is something as simple as no quick intro, or start slightly earlier with some of battle reiterated - I have no problem with books pitching me straight in middle of things (sometimes look backs can be quite annoying), but here I feel that, like some other reviewers,I have missed out a book in the series. I hate to say it but it so far has felt as if I am plodding along...however, if it gets better I will return to review and stars and upgrade..promise.

Drink Deep: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series Book 5)
Drink Deep: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars sigh...why..., 12 Mar. 2012
such a shame ! I really rated this series until now. It's almost as if a totally different author has written this book. No ups and no real downs...someone appears with simply a few lines of explanation.....and someone disappears ; again with little build up. It almost felt as if I was at sea bobbing around with only the owl and the pussycat keeping me afloat. Please can we get the real Chloe Neill back - Even if it takes longer to write your readers will wait for the quality !

Dyson Home Cleaning Kit
Dyson Home Cleaning Kit
Offered by Kenco Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoovering made fun, 1 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Dyson Home Cleaning Kit
Deep inside me there is a cleaner waiting to be let loose!! Usually done reviews for books BUT my dyson was looking a bit forlorn as was I - so decided to cheer us both up with new attachments. We had a lovely day with this kit which came with a universal adaptor so fits all dyson models. Only complaint: actually hoovered up a couple of spiders: I normally usher them out through the back door. Well worth the money and recommend if only to find out how easy it is to dust etc etc. Will be needing to find new wheels for dyson soon though as it travelled a good few miles yesterday :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3