Profile for youngarchaeologist > Reviews

No Time to Lose: A Life in Pursuit of Deadly Viruses
No Time to Lose: A Life in Pursuit of Deadly Viruses
Price: 0.74

5.0 out of 5 stars No time to lose: read this now!, 10 Aug 2012
A really interesting account of Peter Piot's career, including the discovery of Ebola and the outbreak of HIV/AIDS. Absolutely loved it! If you're interested in global health, I would really recommend it! Very well written, although occasionally I did get confused as to the relative chronology of events as there was a bit of going backwards and forwards in time.

I am the Messenger
I am the Messenger
by Markus Zusak
Price: 6.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: I am the Messenger (Paperback)
Markus Zusak is the most wonderful writer. As with most, I started reading his work with the Book Thief, which is beautiful and harrowing and thought-provoking. I am the Messenger is another of Zusak's finest works, and one of my favourite books. It's a relatively simple, innocent story but Zusak writes extremely well. It's simple and accessible to all, but his words are beautiful. There are certain sentences or phrases which stick with me constantly. He is a master of words. The story is thought-provoking; attempting to make us better, giving us the hope that we can be better, that we can change our lives and those of others. But beyond anything else, Zusak's words are just BEAUTIFUL.