Profile for sten gun > Reviews

sten gun "dogtoothcheck"

This Years Model
This Years Model

5.0 out of 5 stars the greatest tribute, 5 April 2011
This review is from: This Years Model (Audio CD)
I remember getting the vinyl copy back in the late senventies. Seeing Elvis at the Roundhouse in London. I remember being one of the few Elvis fans in my town, when disco dominated. But mostly, I remember playing the vinyl copy to my mum. My mum just couldn't put up with it. Thirty years later, I got my son a copy of ''This years model' and, he is now a great fan of Elvis.
The moral of this story is, don't get your mum a copy of this for Mothering Sunday.
Get it for your kids, they could do a lot worse than cutting their teeth to Elvis

Cowon iAudio M3 20GB MP3 Player
Cowon iAudio M3 20GB MP3 Player

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely-jubbly, 5 Feb 2005
After much thought and research, which left me a little bewildered, I opted for the iaudio m3. As much as I researched I still found myself taking a bit of a 'stab in the dark'. Fortunately, I am very happy with the product overall. From the first look I was in love, it's a little beauty.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the remote takes a little practice but soon all becomes clear. I believe, not having to remove the main unit from your pocket to change song etc everytime is actually a bonus. Admittedly, the size of the readout on the remote can call for closer scrutiny if your eyes are on the 'way out' age wise, but there is a nice back light to counter my optical problems. As for the software, well that's a doddle to use, even for a computer illiterate like me. With a little tuition from my 13 year old son I was up and away. In fact the in line recording facility of this unit was one of the things I'd wanted, because, I feared not being able to use the software. But in fact, I haven't even used it at all.
The sound quality is very good and the supplied headphones are certainly upto the job even if they do make you look a bit like Shrek.
My only dissapointment has been the FM radio, In fact, Radio 2 (UK) is the only station I can receive. While I'm not in the best locality for radio reception I can receive a good deal better FM reception on my nokia phone, which suggests the receiver on the m3 is not up to much.
But it's great to have all your favourite music on your hip, with ease of use and plenty of spare capacity for the odd audio book or whatever takes your fancy.
Smashing.