Profile for The Grand Mother > Reviews

Content by The Grand Mother

The Grand Mother (East Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Incredibles (2-disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
The Incredibles (2-disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Craig T. Nelson
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?!, 12 Jun 2014
Loved this when it was first released and it continues to be one of my favourite family films - it's witty, entertaining and beautifully observed. It works on several levels, appealing to children of all ages and to adults. It was, and remains, a great favourite with my nephew (11) and I've recently introduced it to my 5-year old grandchild. She loves it. Joy! I'm sure we'll be watching it again soon.

Leonard Cohen: Live In London [DVD] [2009] [NTSC]
Leonard Cohen: Live In London [DVD] [2009] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Roscoe Beck
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Concert from Brilliant Musician!, 23 Nov 2013
Wasn't that much of a Leonard Cohen fan until I went to one of the 2009 concerts at the 02 (I bought the tickets as a birthday gift for my husband, who is a fan). The concert blew my mind - Leonard Cohen had a terrific stage presence and was entertaining, charismatic, humorous and just a brilliant performer. The whole show was excellently produced with some world-class musicians. This DVD was, therefore, a must-have reminder (I also have the audio!) and captures the concert well.

Labyrinth (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
Labyrinth (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ David Bowie
Price: 4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars One for the collection, 23 Nov 2013
As a BIG fan of Jim Henson, this is a family movie that I have an enduring fondness for, as do my children (now all grown-up). Classic quest tale (think Wizard of Oz) with some elements of darkness and nice touches of humour, and it's nice to have a female in the leading role. There are those who love it for Bowie in very tight pants, or so I am told!

Everybody Knows
Everybody Knows
Price: 9.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Everybody Knows (Audio CD)
I came across Sharon Robinson via my enthusiasm for Leonard Cohen as she has been his collaborator for some years. Many of the songs on this collection I already have as Leonard Cohen recordings (in some instances with Sharon Robinson supporting on backing vocals) but was keen to add this to my collection. Sharon's version of Alexandra Leaving is particularly moving. All in all a well-produced album of some beautiful songs.

The Trip [DVD]
The Trip [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Humour!, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Trip [DVD] (DVD)
Loved the TV series and bought this as a gift for family members who were equally amused and live in the area travelled (Trough of Bowland).

Happy Birthday (Candles) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Happy Birthday (Candles) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Solution!, 23 Nov 2013
Gift certificate bought for 10-year old nephew so that he could select his own gift. A very simple solution and he was delighted with it (and has spent hours browsing!).

Betula by Birkenstock Women's Rose Leather Zebra Print Slides Sandal 3483 3 UK, 36 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Favourite at a Good Price, 23 Nov 2013
I am a fan of this style of Birkenstock and was delighted to pick these up at a bargain price. Not yet worn but in the stash for next Spring.

Knitted Finger Puppets (Cozy)
Knitted Finger Puppets (Cozy)
by Susie Johns
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All round entertainment!, 23 Nov 2013
Lovely book with some really attractive puppets. The knitting is simple and fairly quick but each puppet needs some time to sew together. I have found these very satisfying to make and the patterns are adaptable too, and the children (of various ages) in my family and friends have been delighted.

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules Face and Throat Capsules Pack of 60
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Price, 23 Nov 2013
I bought this as a gift for a friend who loves this product. Delighted to find it at a very reasonable price. Transaction straightforward and delivery very prompt (faster than estimated).

I Shall Wear Midnight: (Discworld Novel 38) (Discworld Novels)
I Shall Wear Midnight: (Discworld Novel 38) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 8 Aug 2013
I admit to being a big Terry Pratchett fan, and a fan of the Tiffany Aching books in particular. Marketed to the younger reader, this not-so-young reader loved the Tiffany Aching books and considers Tiffany to be amongst Sir Terry's finest characters. Heartily recommended both to TP fans and to pre- and early-teen readers. Rather sad that there'll be no more books in this series but I Shall Wear Midnight is a suitably well-crafted conclusion to the quartet - Tiffany truly comes of age.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3