Profile for Dennis R. Earp > Reviews

Content by Dennis R. Earp

Dennis R. Earp "Elecronics fanatic" (UK)

Nikon Coolpix S9400 Camera - Red (18.1MP, 18xZoom, 25mm Wide Lens) 3.0 inch OLED

5.0 out of 5 stars First Impression, 13 Mar 2013
Received my Camera yesterday so this is my first impression.Looks good and feels good + it fits into the bag I had for my previous Pocket camera.
The controls all seem quite standard and easy to use and I was able to turn it on and take some sample pictures without reading any instructions.I was greatly impressed with the quality of the on screen display and the images when transfered to computer with the enclosed USB cable.I also connected the camera to my TV with the enclosed cables and the images were perfect.I have seen reviews where people have a negative comment about the flash popping up where you hold the camera but to be honest I have no problem as I turned the auto flash off so it does not pop up and the images are sharp and clear without it.Obviously you can easily turn flash on as and when required so you will be aware it is going to pop up. I read the instruction booklet that comes with it but to be honest it only gives the basic functions so you will need to go to download a full manual from Nikon website. There you will find everything you need to know about the camera and how to use all the features. I would suggest that maybe you should download this manual before purchasing to fully apreciate all the features of this camera.
So far the only negatives I would mention is that it does not come with a mini HDMI cable which you would realy need in order to view video on TV.I was not able to see how to take 3D pictures from the manual that came with the camera but the info is in the Online manual.
In a nutshell a awesome camera loads of features no technical problems so far.
The HDMI cable is Micro D for connecting to the camera. If you wish to get additional battery just check the mHa as the cheap batteries are less mHa they are only 850 as oposed to 1050 .

LG M227WDP 22-inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV/Monitor  (5ms, 10000:1, HDMI)
LG M227WDP 22-inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV/Monitor (5ms, 10000:1, HDMI)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 9 April 2010
This item is excellent and so easy to use.Everything is as stated and works 100% I connected my laptop to the monitor with a HDMI cable and the image is superb.I ran the freeview channel search and Tv works as you would expect.Excellent item and good value