Profile for bookfan > Reviews

Claude in the Spotlight
by Alex T Smith
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, brilliant books!!!!, 17 April 2013
My 7 year old absolutely loves Claude and went dressed as him for World Book Day. We have all the previous books and bought the newest edition on Saturday. I can say it is our new 'favourite read'. I cannot praise these books highly enough as they appeal to my 7 year old who is a newly independent reader and is given loads of opportunities for 'reading for meaning'. They also appeal to my 11 year old who is a very confident reader and also to me as a parent, who has already lost count of the times I have been asked to read it to them. I can see the term 'Lovelybuns' being written into family folklore very soon!

Maxi Micro Scooter Orange Joystick
Maxi Micro Scooter Orange Joystick
Offered by Micro Scooters Ltd
Price: 94.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably my best buy - ever!!, 26 Jun 2012
My daughter is now 11 and has had her joystick scooter for nearly four years. I can honestly say that it is probably the best money I have spent as it goes everywhere with her and even though she is coming to her 'cool teenager' years, there doesn't seem to be any sign of the scooter being sidelined. I also have a six year old who has had the same use from a mini scooter and is desperate for one like her big sister. Excellent product, would have not problems recommending it.

Jack and the Flumflum Tree
Jack and the Flumflum Tree
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Already a favourite!!, 8 July 2011
I received this book two days ago and have had to read it to my 5 year old so many times I am getting to know the words off by heart! It is a brilliant story and the illustrations really make it come to life. I have already heard the phrase 'don't get your knickers in twist' being used in my children's conversations! In my opinion this is already a Julia Donaldson classic.