Profile for lolagail > Reviews

Content by lolagail

lolagail

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dinner in the Freezer (Everyday Easy)
Dinner in the Freezer (Everyday Easy)
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars It's grown on me., 26 Sept. 2013
I had this awhile before I started using it and I love it now. The recipe chooser at the front is genius. I've cooked a lot of the vegetarian ones...we especially like the veggie lasagne, curried veg pies, mixed mushroom and walnut tart, leek and potato soup, shepherdless pie and the Quiche. Meat wise, the sausages with butter beans and the chicken and sweet corn pie are lovely. I'm working through the book (have also tried the veg curry, but I think it needs tweaking) I really like this book.

Adjustable snake thumb/ finger ring Silver. Adjusts to suit your size! Presented in quality box with satin ribbon.
Offered by rings-r-us

4.0 out of 5 stars Snake ring, 9 May 2013
It's very nice, but a bit softer than I'd like. If it catches on something it is pulled out of shape. So not an everyday ring. It's pretty though and I like it.

WMA Fashion Retro Style Gorgeous Blue Eyes Peacock Long Feather Necklace Party
WMA Fashion Retro Style Gorgeous Blue Eyes Peacock Long Feather Necklace Party

3.0 out of 5 stars Badly packed, 6 May 2013
This was a pressy for my sister and she loved it, except that whoever packed it had FOLDED the feather in half and it was twisted with ragged ends. Please! You cannot fold feathers in half without damaging them. I will probably send it back (printed labels) depends on how much postage is as it was very cheap. It's impossible to get it back to how it should look. Apart from that, it arrived quickly.

One-Pot Cooking: Casseroles, curries, soups and bakes and other no-fuss family food
by Katie Bishop

4.0 out of 5 stars ONE-POT COOKING, 21 Nov. 2012
I haven't actually cooked anything from this book yet, but there are some promising recipes in there. I'm trying to simplify my day-to-day life by using my slow cooker,freezer and microwave more and by cooking this sort of food...no fuss, that's what I want! I have her two books on slow cooking...very good...and some up to date freezer books, so the plan is progressing nicely and this book will fit in well. It might well get 5* when I try it.

Everyday Food: Light: The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories: The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories - Martha Stewart Living Magazine
by Martha Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars FOODLIGHT, 30 Sept. 2012
I would recommend this book to anyone trying to keep the calories low. What I like about this book is that what I've cooked out of it so far is really tasty. The portions are small, but if you bulk up with veg or salad you will have enough - there are some lovely veg ideas in here too. It's also well laid out, with lovely pictures and it is a good size.

Essential Phil Spector
Essential Phil Spector
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Phil Spector, 19 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Essential Phil Spector (Audio CD)
Of course it's all down to personal taste, but I loved hearing all these again and have played them alot. It's become one of my favorite CDs (along with Ray Charles, I rediscovered him after seeing 'Ray') and brings back great memories.

What A Night! A Christmas Album
What A Night! A Christmas Album

2.0 out of 5 stars What a night! Christmas album, 23 Jan. 2012
I bought this because it got a high rating in the paper. I love Harry and was expecting cool jazz arrangements. I have to confess, I haven't listened to the whole thing, because I don't like it. The tracks I've listened to are not to my taste at all, so I am disappointed. I find the backing muddled and annoying.

The Far Pavilions [1984] [DVD]
The Far Pavilions [1984] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Cross

4.0 out of 5 stars The Far Pavillions, 18 Dec. 2011
This is one of my favorite storys. I liked the DVD but the book is much better. I was disappointed they had missed out his childhood in the palace as that was where he first met Anjulie and his arch enemy (who's name I can't remember) If you had read about this, it gave the scene where they met again much more impact. Ash was not quite as I had pictured him, but he grew on me. As so often happens with adaptations, I felt it was rushed, but I enjoyed it. I just feel that if I didn't know the story, some of it would be lost on me.

Pride And Prejudice/Atonement [DVD]
Pride And Prejudice/Atonement [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keira Knightley
Offered by joe4books

5.0 out of 5 stars Double DVD, 18 Dec. 2011
I got this for Pride and Predudice, it's great and the only thing missing is Colin in his white trews striding across the lawn! 'Atonement' was a real bonus. It's a great story and there is a twist I didn't see coming and it is beautifully filmed. Highly recommended.

Can I Freeze It?: How to Use the Most Versatile Appliance in Your Kitchen
Can I Freeze It?: How to Use the Most Versatile Appliance in Your Kitchen
by Susie Theodorou

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I freeze it?, 18 Dec. 2011
I am getting into freezing again, so I'm updating my freezer books, as they are old fashioned. I am very pleased with this book, there are great ideas in it and it's well set-out. I especially like the marinades and the idea of freezing the raw meat in them. So quick to thaw and no messing about. I like the way she freezes gravy and sauces too, she sort of flat packs them so they take up hardly any space.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3