Profile for Ed Austin > Reviews

Content by Ed Austin

Ed Austin "rowing maverick"

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars This booked saved my life, 28 Oct. 2006
Not literally of course, I wasn't an alcoholic by any standards, but drink was a large part of my life. Reading this book turned my life around. It allowed me to control completely my drinking to the point of complete abstinence. I haven't touched a drop in almost 6 months and even feel physically repulsed by the smell of alcohol... may be this book has worked rather too well.

This book simply works. I first used it back in 2002 and stopped completely for 6 months... only started again out of boredom. Of course this may happen again this time around but I don't feel any signs of that.

The benefits other than financial are a new self-awareness (and responsibility) that really have transformed my life completely.

This man is a genius and has stumbled across something very powerful. Total respect. He deserves a knighthood at the very least.

Criterion Collection: Monterey Pop [DVD] [1967] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Criterion Collection: Monterey Pop [DVD] [1967] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars A total mystery, 5 Oct. 2006
I really am not sure why what is probably one of the greatest music videos of all time doesn't even have one review?

I urge you to get this, if just for the Mamas and Papas and the finale by Ravi Shankar that quite frankly is a masterpiece and conveys the mood of the 1960's far better than anything you are ever likely to see in your life (unless of course you were there!).

Optimum Sports Nutrition
Optimum Sports Nutrition
by Michael Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Dated but still one of the best, 27 July 2006
Colgon really should update this text, it was my bible as an athlete during late 90's and to be honest even then it was dated. Also some of his views on certain things (creatine comes to mind) have been disproved somewhat.

However, other than that (and the guys promotion of a certain brand) it actually DELIVERS THE GOODS. This book can... I repeat can... really turn your performance from good to excellent.

Returning to competitive rowing (at 42) might sound crazy. However my first thought was... Colgon... I can do it.. but I need the best.. and he delivers that.

My advice to him is to update this book and it would be a bestseller amongst athletes, who already consider this one of the finest works on the market. Its a mystery why he can't spend a few weeks just redoing some of the outdated stuff and give us some more wisdom.