Profile for GR Burns > Reviews

GR Burns

Inform - Educate - Entertain
Inform - Educate - Entertain

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 29 Sept. 2013
Saw PSB supporting the Manic Street Preachers at The Ritz, Manchester last week. Excellent musicianship and interesting sound, they also went down pretty well with a hardcore Manics crowd. I like this sort of stuff though, it reminds me of Stereolab crossed with Fluke. My wife hated it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2015 8:20 AM GMT

Timex T2K101 Ladies Watch with Black Leather Strap and Mother of Pearl Dial
Timex T2K101 Ladies Watch with Black Leather Strap and Mother of Pearl Dial

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete and utter rubbish, 16 Dec. 2010
I bought this watch for my daughter last Christmas. It was a lovely watch and my daughter loved it but then it stopped working. We returned it to Amazon and recieved a replacement which worked for even less time. We sent it back again and because it was now out of stock, received a refund.

I kept my eye out for it coming back into stock (don't forget my daughter really loved it), and suddenly there was one available and so I purchased it.

Only afterwards did I wonder if it was the one I'd just returned. Don't be silly I thought, but sure enough when it arrived this one didn't work either. This one wouldn't even start. The instructions say to remove a plastic slip, that sits between the crown and the watch, and then the second hand will start. No it won't, mainly because there was no slip to remove.

Surely Amazon didn't just put the returned item back on the "shelf". Although a series of watches that don't work at all is just as bad.

The Futureheads
The Futureheads
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it a break, 1 Aug. 2006
This review is from: The Futureheads (Audio CD)
I bought the original version of this album back in 2004. Listened to it twice and thought "Ummm - difficult". Three months later I picked it up and played it again.

Outstanding! I felt that I knew every track. They all fell into place and it became one of my favourite albums of 2005.

I urge all those people who disliked it so much at first to give it another try. Persevere! The best albums can sometimes be the ones the take the longest to grow.