Profile for Mabsobaby > Reviews

Mabsobaby "Mabsobaby" (Wales)

Breville Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, Stainless Steel
Breville Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor!, 29 Aug. 2015
My mum has used the same breville toaster since the 70's and it's got more cheese stuck to the back of than isle 9 in Tesco.

I thought I'd be in good company with this 'deep fill' bad boy machine! I'm a normal fella, I like what other people do. Ham, cheese and onion - with medium bread as well! Unfortunately this was far too deep a fill and the entire handle ripped off with a generous portion of the front panel.

Knowing a little more than your average Joe about injection moulding I can assure you that this is a design fault - not an unlucky purchase!! "Caveat Emptor!"

Added 29.08.15.

Complained to Amazon and they shipped a brand new one out to me. That's how you run a business!!

Hemline Iron-On Patches Cotton Twill - 2 Pieces 10cm x 15cm - Light Denim
Hemline Iron-On Patches Cotton Twill - 2 Pieces 10cm x 15cm - Light Denim
Offered by Barnyarns

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time!, 24 Mar. 2015
I often find that my packet nudges it's way through the strongest of denims. After a recent gusset splitting episode I decided that some additional reinforcement was required! However these patches failed to deliver. It peeled off after the first wash!! I'm now left having to wear extra thick undercrackers to avoid undue exposure and potential incarceration!

Timberland Tilton Gore-Tex, Men's Trekking and Hiking Boots, Brown, 10 UK
Timberland Tilton Gore-Tex, Men's Trekking and Hiking Boots, Brown, 10 UK
Offered by James and James Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Started well....., 3 Mar. 2015
Great shoes loved them! Had the 6 months and they make my socks smell now?! Maybe the missus has changed powders! They have split / torn on the side which is disappointing for Timby!! Small hole but will only get bigger!

Medela 24 mm Personal Fit Breastshield (Medium)
Medela 24 mm Personal Fit Breastshield (Medium)
Offered by Frauenland Apotheke

1.0 out of 5 stars It works, but a complete rip off!!, 9 Jan. 2013
I spent £130 on the Electric swing pump, only for the membrane split around the cup (through continual steaming) after only 8 weeks. I was not able to find a single stockist of the cup, only a hand pump version. The cup on the replacement was one single hard piece of plastic (which will never split!) I was charged (free delivery) a whopping £12 for a piece of plastic that would cost literally pennies to produce. Medela I hate you, but would rather wear the cost than deal with a hormonal mother full of milk!! 1 star for the cost alone.

Barbie Opp Mermaid (Orange/ Red)
Barbie Opp Mermaid (Orange/ Red)

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaking hearts all over the world!, 30 Dec. 2012
My 4 yr old daughter managed to decapitate this doll by simply sitting on it?! It is cheap and nasty and will delight for a few days and then lead to days of upset! My daughter is now asking if I can write to tell Santa that it was "rubbish!" says it all really! Stay well clear of this heartbreaker!!

Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Limited Edition Gruffalo (Brown)
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Limited Edition Gruffalo (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars IT FITS IN RYANAIR's HAND LUGGAGE, 15 July 2011
No point reiterating the other 70 odd 5 star comments. My only concern was the Ryanair cabin space as the Trunki width is 21cm, and Ryanair state 20cm max. It went through no probs! PS - Got mine for £30 in Sainsbury's (I'm just sayin!!)

Sali Mali Bumper Edition [DVD]
Sali Mali Bumper Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rhys Ifans (voice)

3.0 out of 5 stars My fault?, 11 July 2011
I'm sure this is fine if it's what you are looking for, but I wanted it to be in Welsh for my little girl who's learning the language! I think the description could've been clearer which language it was in! Perhaps it's my fault though!!??

The Complete Master Cleanse: A Step-by-step Guide to Mastering the Benefits of the Lemona
by Tom Woloshyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best!, 15 Jan. 2010
First off - do not buy this book or try this "diet" if you are looking to lose weight! It will not work! You will simply put it back on which will ultimately lead to upset. It is a detox. It worked for me, and I felt great after, but the weight soon came back. My advice is to buy the book "Master Cleanser (Paperback) by Stanley Burroughs." This is the guy that invented the detox, anyone else is just cashing in. Let's be honest, if you want to lose weight, you know what to do, there are no quick fixes, eat the right food! Not as fun but the results will last a lot longer and be ultimately more satisfying. If you want to achieve your ideal weight in a matter of days, I suggest amputation!

A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector
A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector

1.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful Silent Night?, 9 Dec. 2009
The 2003 shooting death of actress Lana Clarkson in his Alhambra, California home led to his being charged with murder in the second degree. After a 2007 mistrial, he was convicted in 2009 and given a prison sentence of 19 years to life.[8] An appeal of the conviction was heard by the California Courts of Appeal in April 2011, but the murder conviction was upheld less than three weeks later.[9] Spector's attorneys intend to pursue another hearing by the appeals court and will seek a review of the ruling by the California Supreme Court.

Perhaps after buying this you might want to support Gary Glitter as well?
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2013 10:20 PM GMT

Master Cleanser
Master Cleanser
by Stanley Burroughs

5.0 out of 5 stars The one and only, 2 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Master Cleanser (Paperback)
I bought this book several years ago and lasted 14 days on it! I was amazed by the results! First off, it is a detox, and not a diet! You will put the weight back on after regular eating.

I've recently been disappointed to see everyone jumping on the "Lemonade" bandwagon. Chuck a few celebs in the pot and you have another commercial exercise for people to make cash.

This is the ORIGINAL BOOK, by the original author. My suggestion is that if you want the real deal, go to the source and buy this book, not the charlatans cashing in on someone else's theories! I referred to the author as Uncle Stan, because you do actually feel that he cares!

Incidentally, and this is just my experience, after thirty four years of hay fever, I enjoyed my first summer without sneezing!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2014 11:15 AM BST