Profile for L. Constantin > Reviews

Content by L. Constantin

L. Constantin "Lopster" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
BESTEK Cell Phone Clip Holder Stand with Sitck-on Mount + Gooseneck One Clip Clamp mount on car,desk,windshield,dashboard,table for iphone 5,4s,3gs,ipod,gps,PDA,samsung galaxy,HTC, nokia,lg,blackberry holder ect. BTIH750
Offered by WAAHA (arrive in 8-18 days)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and useful, 12 April 2014
Solid bit of kit and at a great price. It can be used in more places you'd care to imagine.

S Filter for AeroPress - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter
S Filter for AeroPress - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter
Offered by Kaffeologie Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes your aeropress to the next level, 12 April 2014
This takes the already superb new taste of your favourite coffee to the next level, allowing essential flavoursome oils through that the paper filters trap. There is only one thing stopping me giving it five stars and that's the price.

Loake Black Wax Polish
Loake Black Wax Polish
Offered by Clermont Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Loake Black Wax Polish (Apparel)
Not as thick as high street polish so goes on better. Combine with some neutral dubbin in a tube, leave to soak in for a weekend, wipe off, buff up. Perfect supple shoes.

Flymo SabreCut Cordless 24V Hedgetrimmer
Flymo SabreCut Cordless 24V Hedgetrimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 21 Jun 2013
Like many other reviewers I got one summer of use out of this, which was about 4 cuts of a hedge, put it away, and now it simply won't cut. Not even a leaf let alone the smallest of twigs. Looks like it needs some sort of adjusting. I AM an engineer so I will take this apart seeing as the warranty ran out. Customer Care at Flymo said they won't listen to claims even a week over expiry.

I usually go by my own advice which is to pay for a good reliable make like Bosch or Makita and I keep in mind this is meant to be a long term investment. Every power tool I have ever bought from marques such as Black and Decker and Flymo has only lasted just beyond the warranty period. Sanders, cutters, drills, saws, strimmers, mowers, you name it, all give up the ghost despite looking great on the adverts. I went against this for some reason and bought a flymo. Now I have a big orange lump of plastic hanging in the shed.

Duracell USB Emergency 2 in 1 Power Source
Duracell USB Emergency 2 in 1 Power Source

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with Nokia E7 or E6 but ok with Lumia 800, 6 Jan 2012
I have tested this with 3 Nokia E7s, 2 Nokia E6s, and 2 N97Minis, none of which work. However, the new Nokia Lumia 800 is fine, and the newer Nokia that's not even out yet (I have access to prototypes through my job) works fine.
I have also tested against some non-Nokia phones and they seem fine too - an iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4, an old HTC and an mediocre Blackberry.
I'm sure Duracell know about this but they sounded very suprised when I told them. They are currently "helping" me investigate but nothing's happened yet. I will update this review if anything changes.
The third party seller I used doesn't want to know as it was longer than 7 days when I contacted them, so no joy with a return. Also, the packaging has to be cut open and therefore destroyed before you even get to try the device, so no company's going to want to take this back anyway. They also point out that the product description is contradictory as in one sentence it declares any mini/micro usb device can be charged but in another sentence it only lists a few phones.
Latest update: Had to ring Duracell back for the third time as they didn't get back to me again. They say the issue has been "escalated" and they promise to get back to me. They wouldn't commit to a replacement or a refund either.
Last entry - after a fourth call to Duracell (actually Proctor and Gamble) they've confirmed that the only Nokia they think it works with is the N97. I can also confirm it works with the new Lumia 800. But all Nokia's in between it seems don't work. The third party seller said I took too long to return it and it's probably Duracell's fault really. Proctor and Gamble have refunded me in the end, which is nice, but it was the least they could do.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2012 1:47 PM BST

LCD Digital Thermometer + Remote Probe - Air or Water
LCD Digital Thermometer + Remote Probe - Air or Water

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 16 Dec 2011
You just take it out of the box, stick the sensor out of the window, close the window, and it tells you the temperature outside. That's it.

Toolzone 80mm SDS Plus Tile Removing Chisel
Toolzone 80mm SDS Plus Tile Removing Chisel
Offered by HOUSEWARES-ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable Value, 15 Sep 2011
For this price, INCLUDING delivery, I have nothing but praise. This little beauty of a tool made easy work of TWO layers of ceramic tiles AND a layer of plaster on all four walls of my bathroom. Equivalent on the high street is about £35. I used this in a 1600W drill so it got really "hammered" but was fine. Very happy.

Jays T00084 v-JAYS Headphones - Black
Jays T00084 v-JAYS Headphones - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Truely decent BASS, 19 Jan 2011
Going by looks/size you will wonder how so much bass is possible. Well, it is. Very very good bass reproduction with no distortion, you will even have to turn down your low frequency sliders on your player's equalizer (cos they would probably have been artificially high from your previous headphones). I just refrained from giving it the full 5* because they are slightly "leaky". Not to the extent of a commuter's white iPod headphones (boy they're annoying) so it's fine for a noisy environment like the bus or train, but if you like the volume up (like me) then the office or the library will be places you may get the odd glance. Very good sound quality for the price, amazing bass response, and not "show-offy".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2011 6:57 PM BST

Cateye Rear Battery-Powered Bike Light TL-LD 130, Red
Cateye Rear Battery-Powered Bike Light TL-LD 130, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price but..., 19 Jan 2011
This light has a pretty decent luminosity, a few options for flashing/blinking/steady, and a very good clip. However, it could be a problem with just mine but the cover comes off a bit too easily, as I found out when putting my bag (which the light is attached to) on the luggage rack of the train. Keeping this in mind I have had no further problems.

Oxygene - 30th Anniversary + 2D DVD
Oxygene - 30th Anniversary + 2D DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoluste MUST for real fans, 19 Jan 2011
This package should have been marketed as a DVD with a CD thrown in, not a CD with a DVD thrown in. The live recording "in your living room" is THAT good. Any JMJ fan or indeed any old school analogue synth fan will be totally mesmerised by the DVD. With a decent sound system at your disposal (it has 5.1 DTS and Dolby options) and the room/time to yourself (as, like me, your family members will probably not be fans) your senses will be returned to a time when you first heard this music. I have left this DVD out of the drawer right next to my system ready for the next time I get an hour to myself again. I can't recommend this DVD any more highly.

Page: 1 | 2