Profile for Ms. H. J. Cowles > Reviews

Content by Ms. H. J. Cowles

Ms. H. J. Cowles "Cookie Girl" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Breville Pick and Mix Hand Mixer, 200 Watt - Strawberry Cream
Breville Pick and Mix Hand Mixer, 200 Watt - Strawberry Cream

1.0 out of 5 stars All show and too much go!, 31 Aug. 2015
Looks great but the performance is poor and mine has broken after just a few months of occasional use. The main problem is that the lowest speed is too high and sends a cloud of flour/sugar everywhere. I had to borrow my mother in laws in a pinch and her 15 year old Russell Hobbs one got better results simply because of the difference in speed.

HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer
HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for documents and photos alilke. Why spend more?, 16 May 2015
The setup is a dream and print quality is great. I researched and found that usually, buying a cheap printer means expensive ink cartridges, but this is an exception as the ink is cheap too. Honestly does everything you could want in a home printer and at a great standard so I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it. We even got the same for my Company office as the printing on our all in one failed (we kept it for scanning still as this one only allows you to do one page at a time).

I've printed quite a lot of photos HP photo paper and the quality is good enough for frames around the house as well as scrapbooking/crafts. I printed on normal paper before in an emergency and the difference in the colours (less dark) is big.

Jo Frost's Confident Baby Care: Everything You Need To Know For The First Year From UK's Most Trusted Nanny
by Jo Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book for Baby's First Year, 16 May 2015
Read a few books when I was pregnant and when baby was tiny. This won hands down. I bough the kindle version so as I couldn't lend it to my cousin I got her a copy for her baby shower too and she's found it really helpful too.

Typhoon Vintage Kit Recipe Book Holder, Cream
Typhoon Vintage Kit Recipe Book Holder, Cream
Offered by MightyHousewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 May 2015
I'd been looking for a cream recipe book holder for my kitchen for some time and am so glad I got this. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to ascetics and love this so much. It fits my cream and black gloss kitchen perfectly and I keep it out with my 'Deliciously Ella' cookbook on it and they both look pretty. Well made and easy to store. The book marks are a great touch.

Handsome Lil' Wabbit - Blue - Baby Grow - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - 12 to 18 Months
Offered by Wild Nights

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not great, 16 May 2015
It was a slightly snug length wise for my average sized 12 month old. I settled on this after not being able to find a more neutral coloured one for my little boy. It looks cheap and in the end I didn't used it for Easter as planned.

Sweet Nectar Collection K and Company Solid Mat Pad
Sweet Nectar Collection K and Company Solid Mat Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Second of the kind I've purrchashed, 16 May 2015
I bought the wedding themed pack of this for scrapbooking a few years ago. I'm currently making a very quick book for my one year old so I thought of these mounts straight away and the colours are perfect for children. Great quality gives a nice touch. It is a bit expensive but just about worth it for the convenience.

Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)
Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and makes a big difference to smells ..., 16 May 2015
Easy to use and makes a big difference to smells but wont work miracles so needs changing every couple of days to avoid a smelly nursery.

Who is Tom Ditto?
Who is Tom Ditto?

5.0 out of 5 stars A little bit different, a lot of fabulous!, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Who is Tom Ditto? (Kindle Edition)
This was a really good read. Likeable characters and lots of mystery. Kind of makes you want to live life differently!

Inflatable Boot Tree/Shaper (Black)
Inflatable Boot Tree/Shaper (Black)
Offered by Witt Go Distribution

2.0 out of 5 stars Not effective, 20 Mar. 2013
I was recommended to buy a boot tree when I purchased my latest pair of long boots. I figures the inflatable option would save space when not in use and I also liked the design. They are advertised as being suitable for all boots however when inserted in to mine there is a wide space all around and the boot tree is not snug in the boot at any point, not even at the ankle. This means they are not doing the intended job. My boots are a standard calf width from Clarks (although I do have a chunkier calf, but not massive). So perhaps these are suitable for those with a slimmer leg and slimmer boots! Otherwise they just don't do the job and I had to buy a traditional Boot Tree anyway.

Unisex Luxury Sheepland Sheepskin Indoor Slipper Boots
Unisex Luxury Sheepland Sheepskin Indoor Slipper Boots
Offered by sheepland

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 Feb. 2012
I've been buying slipper boots for 2 or 3 years now for around £16-£20 a time off of the high street, replacing every time they became worn out or got too many bobbles. The latest pair made my feet sweat so I decided to look for some with a sheepskin lining.

These are superb. I got the size up as recommended and they fit perfectly. They look trendy and are so warm and cosy. I feel like buying the entire range! I had to contact Sheepland customer service about a small matter and they got back to me very quickly and provided a great service.

I'm sure these will wear well and be worth the extra money. I love them and recommend the slipper boots whole heartedly.

Next on my list will be the insoles to go in my every day boots!

Page: 1 | 2