Profile for Ataraxia > Reviews

Content by Ataraxia

Ataraxia

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Vásquez Mistress (Mills & Boon Modern)
The Vásquez Mistress (Mills & Boon Modern)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Nov 2013
I purchased this book firstly because I really like Sarah's books and secondly because I liked the book synopsis. I did read the other reviews but decided to take a chance anyway. This was a disappointing book and I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the novel was very repetitive and long winded, verging on boring.

It started off well but I didn't like the jump from Raul & Faith's initial 'date' to '10 months later' with a turn of the page. I would have liked that first get together explored a little more. After that I got fed up with the repetitive conversations around - you got pregnant deliberately/I once had a career/you only think of sex! Raul was obviously a very sexy, alpha male but I was disappointed with Faith who morphed from a strong, independent, career woman into a gibbering, submissive, whining female.

This book started and ended well but the bit in the middle could have been so much better. I have read a lot of Sarah's books & they are usually pretty good. Don't let this book put you off reading some of her other novels.

Purchased for Passion (Mills & Boon By Request): Shackled by Diamonds / A Mistress for the Taking / His Bought Mistress

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money if you enjoy the books, 16 Nov 2013
These book bundles are good value for money if you haven't read them before & you enjoy them. The first two books were ok although I would not say that Julia's book was one of her best. I enjoyed Annie's book, but struggled with the final book by Emma. I found the last novel slow & a bit Boring. Overall I would say the package is worth 2.5 stars so I have been generous & awarded it 3 rather than 2!

The Greek's Marriage Bargain (Mills & Boon Modern)
The Greek's Marriage Bargain (Mills & Boon Modern)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Love Story, 12 Nov 2013
I really like Sharon's books & this is yet another winner. It is a super story of a couple deeply in love who have drifted apart through a previous tragedy. A lack of understanding & poor communication have added to their problems, but of course true love wins through! I thought both Xenon & Lexi were great characters & would definitely recommend this book.

The Demetrios Virgin (Mills & Boon Modern) (Penny Jordan Collection)
The Demetrios Virgin (Mills & Boon Modern) (Penny Jordan Collection)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Fashion Romance, 10 Nov 2013
This is a typical old fashioned M&B novel. It follows the preset storyline of hundreds of novels before.

The intimate scenes were pretty sparse & not too raunchy, as would have been found in these types of books a few years ago. (I am assuming this is an old book re-released).

It was a pleasant read but not one I would re-read. The characters were a little too predictable even for me.

If you like old fashioned with minimal bedroom scenes then this is the book for you.

Million-Dollar Love-Child (Mills & Boon M&B) (Uncut - Book 3)
Million-Dollar Love-Child (Mills & Boon M&B) (Uncut - Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Why the Medical Romance Book Cover?, 10 Nov 2013
This is not a medical romance so I don't understand the cover. it is however a Sarah Morgan book, of which I've read many. It's not one of her best, but it was an entertaining read all the same.

The dialogue between Luc & Kimberley was combative, if at times a little repetitive. How many times can you keep mentioning/talking about sex?

I'm not sure Luc was a particularly agreeable character - much too full of his own importance & not prepared to listen or accept any truth in what Kimberley was trying to tell him. He was obsessed with sex - not enough of a caring attitude for me. Kimberley's position on the other hand with regards her son was strange. How could she agree to spending two weeks with a man who point blank refused to acknowledge even the possibility he might have a son?

That said I enjoyed the book & the interaction between the two main characters. If you like strong, extremely arrogant, alpha men & equally feisty females, this is the book for you.

An Enticing Debt to Pay (Mills & Boon Modern) (At His Service - Book 5)
An Enticing Debt to Pay (Mills & Boon Modern) (At His Service - Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Fashioned M&B Love Story, 8 Nov 2013
This is what I would term as a good old fashioned, traditional M & B love story, typical of those written a few years ago. Not perhaps quite as racy as some of the more modern romances, but still an enjoyable read. I liked both Ravenna & Jonas. He was strong, proud & sure of himself. She was courageous, determined & lovely.

The Twelve Nights of Christmas (Mills & Boon Modern)
The Twelve Nights of Christmas (Mills & Boon Modern)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Book!, 7 Nov 2013
Sarah Morgan has done it again - another delightful love story! I liked both the main characters. Rio the sexy, vulnerable, alpha male. Evie the tender, kind hearted, sexy heroine. It was a sweet love story just what I needed to curl up with on a cold, damp, Autumn night!

Never Gamble with a Caffarelli (Mills & Boon Modern) (Those Scandalous Caffarellis - Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book to end Caffarelli Trilogy, 6 Nov 2013
Another enjoyable book in the Caffarelli trilogy. All three books have been fun to read with feisty heroines & sexy, alpha males. This book was no exception.

It was obvious to everyone, except Angelique & Remy, that they had been madly in love for years. The dialogue between them was combative with both always wanting the final word! I liked both the Angelique & Remy characters. I would however have liked to see the Caffarelli grandfather & Angelique's father get more of a 'comeuppance' for their behaviour in the past.

I was pleased Melanie tied up the three book series by bringing all three brothers & partners together in this final story. (Authors don't always do this with a series of stories).

I would recommend this book, but suggest you read the previous two books in order.

A Dangerous Solace (Mills & Boon Modern)
A Dangerous Solace (Mills & Boon Modern)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Smashing Love Story, 3 Nov 2013
This is a story of lost and found deep lasting love, but it takes Ava & Luca 7 years to realise what they had. Circumstances conspired against them but they managed to overcome these obstacles eventually.
I really enjoyed this book. I liked both main characters & particularly relished Ava's struggle. If Luca had not persevered I'm not sure Ava would have found the path to true happiness & great sex! Luca was strong & determined but a bit bossy & arrogant. Ava was determined, strong but also vulnerable in her own way. I liked the interaction between them.
It is certainly a 'keeper' as far as I am concerned & I would recommend it.

Master of her Virtue (Mills & Boon Modern)
Master of her Virtue (Mills & Boon Modern)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too 'Sickly Sweet', 31 Oct 2013
Not one of my favourite books. I found the story too 'sweet', thin on content & a bit nauseating to be honest. I got a little bored in places.
I thought Leo was pompous, stuffy, arrogant & cynical. He was not an attractive character at all.
Violet was naive, shy, trusting & much too introverted. Sorry but this book was not for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20