Profile for Ataraxia > Reviews

Content by Ataraxia

Ataraxia

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Grace Street (Chapter 8, #1)
Grace Street (Chapter 8, #1)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 13 Jun 2014
This book was OK but I've read much better ones from this genre. It was very long & not a lot happened. Much more could have been made of the case Mr Black was working on & I expected this to link into what was happening between him, Elsa & Anthony Bruce.

I'm not sure there is another book in this story & would have been much happier if it ended here.

A bit of a missed opportunity. However it will not put me off reading more by this author.

Stay
Stay

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Book, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Stay (Kindle Edition)
This was an excellent book. The subject matter was difficult to read at times, but the author handled it very well in my view. I got frustrated at times when the main characters didn't 'make a run for it', but having read the authors notes at the beginning I understand why this happened.

I would highly recommend this book, but it is not for the faint hearted & if you think you may be offended by the subject matter, leave well alone. Otherwise read it now!

The Heartbreaker Prince (Mills & Boon Modern) (Royal & Ruthless - Book 3)
The Heartbreaker Prince (Mills & Boon Modern) (Royal & Ruthless - Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, but not one of Kim's best, 6 Jun 2014
This book sounded great from the synopsis, but didn't quite deliver for me. I enjoyed it but not as much as I had hoped. I can't quite put my finger on what was 'missing' - I liked both main characters, although I thought Karmel was a bit too much at the beginning. The interaction between them was reasonable, but I don't think the author took full advantage of how it could have been. I wouldn't rubbish this book, but I have read better books by Kim Lawrence. Try it & see what you think.

Deceiving Her Boss
Deceiving Her Boss

1.0 out of 5 stars Wordy & Dreary, 4 Jun 2014
This is the first book I have read by this writer & is likely to be the last. It sounded really good from the synopsis, but 'Oh Dear' it was hard work.
I found it dull, boring & too wordy. Both the main characters were too good to be true & I thought 'sickly sweet'. There was no spark between them. The storyline line was unreal. Why just because a photo was taken did it mean that Sean had to suggest the course of action he did? Nothing seemed to happen apart from endless descriptions of meetings, office admin., etc., etc. It all appeared to be so 'plastic' & unreal.
I don't know what book the other reviewer was reading, but I think it must have been different to the one I've just waded through! Sorry!

Lessons in Rule-Breaking (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted)
Lessons in Rule-Breaking (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted)

3.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Book, 1 Jun 2014
This is the first book I have read by this author & I enjoyed it. Both main characters were agreeable, engaging & pleasing. I really felt for Jess at the end when she thought she had been used, but Xander's final avowal of love was super. I will definitely been looking out for more books by Christy McKellen.

Holiday with a Stranger (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted)
Holiday with a Stranger (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Read, 1 Jun 2014
This is the second book I have read by this author & I have enjoyed both. The hero/heroine are likable characters & the interaction between them is fun. If you want to loose a few hours with a light hearted & enjoyable book then this one should do the trick.

Gambling with the Crown (Mills & Boon Modern) (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr - Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 8 May 2014
I enjoyed this book. it was a nice easy way to spend a few hours. I liked the 'banter' between the H/Heroine. Looking forward to the next in the series.

The Only Woman to Defy Him (Mills & Boon Modern) (Alpha heroes meet their match)

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsure about this one, 8 May 2014
I usually love Carol's books, but I am really not sure about this book. I didn't particularly like either main characters & I got fed up with all the hassel with Roman. It had great potential, but it didn't quite deliver for me.

No Longer Forbidden? (Mills & Boon Modern)
No Longer Forbidden? (Mills & Boon Modern)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure About This Book, 29 April 2014
I'm not sure if I liked this book or not!

It was OK & Nic/Ro's characters were alright, but I struggled to get to the end. Both H/Heroine had their problems - fairly typical M&B fodder, but for me something was missing. I just can't put my finger on it.

My best comment is to try it for yourself.

Caught on Camera with the CEO (Mills & Boon Modern Heat)
Caught on Camera with the CEO (Mills & Boon Modern Heat)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 27 April 2014
This was an entertaining book. I liked both main characters. Alex was really sexy & had the foresight to 'hang-in-there' until Dani saw the 'light'. Daniel was a troubled soul but love won through in the end.

I enjoyed this book & would recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20