Profile for Ataraxia > Reviews

Content by Ataraxia

Ataraxia

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Saved By Her (The Monster Series Book 1)
Saved By Her (The Monster Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark Subject Matter, but Super Love Story!, 17 Nov. 2015
Out of the depths of depravity comes a most beautiful love story! You feel so greatly for the pain, abuse & deceit that Jack has been forced to suffer. His rehabilitation back into society is slow & it's only through River's patience & love that Jack manages to rebuild himself. It's a wonderful story of how strong love can win through in the end. I would have given 5 stars but I thought it was a bit rushed in places. Looking forward to the next book.

The Marriage Contract (O'Malleys)
The Marriage Contract (O'Malleys)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 15 Nov. 2015
What a super book! Another new author for me & one I will definitely be looking out for in the future. Great characters - loved the hero/heroine. The story was fun, fast moving & worked well with T & C 's relationship. I also liked the introduction to all the other characters. Can't wait for the next book!

Mine: Black Sparks MC
Mine: Black Sparks MC

2.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt by Typos, 10 Nov. 2015
Whoever proof read this book for the Kindle wants sacking! This book was littered with so many errors it ruined any pleasure whilst reading it. Time & again I had to backup & re-read text/paragraphs to try & understand what I think was meant to be appearing on the screen! When you get sentences of 65+ words long it really makes you loose the will to live!

The book itself & story were OK. I liked both main characters & their struggle to survive all the obstacles they had to endure. It had potential, but I'm not sure it fully reached it. I may read another book by this author, but if I do I hope someone has proof read it first!

Book - Rating 2/3 stars.
Editing - 0 stars
Overall Rating - 2 Stars!

Ricochet
Ricochet

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fab!, 6 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Ricochet (Kindle Edition)
Another new author for me & I absolutely loved the book. Nick & Aubree were fantastic characters. I had guessed what Nick was all about but it didn't spoil it for me. Lovely & dark, super romance, hot alpha male & wonderful spunky heroine! What's not to like! More like this please!

Rip
Rip

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Book, 31 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Rip (Kindle Edition)
This is another 'first' author for me. I enjoyed the book. The storyline kept me gripped & everything moved at a good pace. I wouldn't say it was a particularly dark book, but there was plenty happening to keep me interested & entertained. I'm still not sure if I liked Nil & what he did, but I understood where he was coming from. Jac was one scary lady! I would recommend this book.

Captive, Mine
Captive, Mine

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish!, 29 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Captive, Mine (Kindle Edition)
This is the worst book I have read in years! It was so bad I had to speed read it just to get to the end.

Lake was an abusive, vile, nasty, rapist. His treatment of Lily was disgusting. He had no redeeming characteristics & as the book progressed he became more & more repugnant. None of the actions he took could be remotely labelled as consensual. It wasn't as if his character developed & we got an idea of what drove him etc. I'm not a violent person, but if I could have got my hands on him, he would have been mincemeat & I definitely would have given him a massive dose of his own medicine! Basically the 'relationship' between him & Lily was sickening. Lily 's character was just as bad. She went from feisty to wimp in an instant.

As you can probably gather, I did not enjoy this book! The storyline was non-existent - it just seem to be sex/abuse scene after scene, none of which added to the 'story'/book. I cannot understand how Lily 'fell in love' with Lake. What the hell did she see in him?! There was nothing erotic or remotely romantic about this book. I love dark romances/erotic books but this was nasty, boring & just plain drivel.

Sorry but I have to give an honest review & this is it. I've read other books by Natasha which I've enjoyed. No idea what went wrong with this one! Dare I read another of her books? The jury is out on that! I need to go & find myself a nice dark romance with well written & developed characters that actually have real feelings & emotions & treat their fellow human beings with compassion & ultimately love!

Stolen Donor (Stolen Series Book 1)
Stolen Donor (Stolen Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm.........., 26 Oct. 2015
What can I say? I'm really not sure about this book. I found the beginning really slow & almost gave up on it. However I persevered & it started to get better. I really started enjoying the book until about 60 - 70% of the way through when I found it very slow. I hadn't sussed the title until half through, but then things made a bit more sense.

To be honest I found the storyline a bit weird. The initial kidnapping was strange - was this really the easiest way to get hold of Hailey?! I really couldn't get on with Dom. He really wasn't a nice guy & his treatment of Hailey was at times unpleasant. The ending was all a bit rushed with his 'problem' suddenly being resolved at the drop of a hat!

This wasn't an awful book, but neither did it deliver for me. I was expecting so much more given the synopsis. I certainly would not class it as a dark book. I've just read 21 by Clarissa Wild - now that is what I class as dark. I wouldn't let this book put me off this author & I think it is worth between 2/3 stars.

Twenty-One (21)
Twenty-One (21)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 24 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Twenty-One (21) (Kindle Edition)
I love Clarissa's books. The characters & storylines are 'darker than the darkest dark thing', but oh my they are totally compelling! I loved both Angel & Sky, even though I know I really shouldn't feel anything but repulsion for Angel! There are loads of twists & turns - I thought I'd worked out the ending, but yet another twist meant I got it wrong! Fantastic! This is a must read Book if you you like dark & often gruesome stories, but please take heed of the warnings & don't read it if you think it may offend you. More like this please Clarissa!

Truth or Dare; The Dominator II
Truth or Dare; The Dominator II

5.0 out of 5 stars Tantalising Truthful & Deliciously Daring!!!!!, 19 Oct. 2015
I waited for what seemed ages for this sequel, but boy was it worth the wait?! I really, really enjoyed this book & thought it was better than the first in the series. I particularly liked the way the author pulled in Tommy & Tia's characters & developed their story. I thought both Dare & Angel 's character development was super & the way they worked through the whole, horrendous sex slavery storyline was super. This book although quite long moved at a good pace unlike the first book which I found a bit slow in places. Tommy & Dare are great sexy, alpha males. Who wouldn't want them fighting your corner?! DD - get writing quickly - I can't wait for the next book! Hurry up please!

GABRIEL (Killer Book 2)
GABRIEL (Killer Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkly Brilliant!, 29 Sept. 2015
I really enjoyed this second book in the series. It was dark & gritty with some surprising twists & turns. I loved the end & would recommend this book if you like this type of book. I would however suggest you read the first book before embarking on this one. I will definitely be looking out for more by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20