Profile for Ataraxia > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
That Which Destroys Me
That Which Destroys Me

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 9 Aug. 2014
One of the worst books I have tried to read in a long time.

The language was absolutely appalling. Now don't get me wrong, I can swear with the best of them, but there was just too much of it with no purpose. It did not add to the book at all. It was so bad I didn't finish it.

I wish I could allocate no stars & get my money back. I won't be looking to purchase another book by this author.

The Beast (Beast Series Book 1)
The Beast (Beast Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 9 Aug. 2014
I bought this book because of all the good reviews. It was OK but I didn't think it rated 5 stars. As some of the other reviewers have commented on, it seems strange that a man such as Dimi could go from a gangster/killer to love sick sloppy bloke in such a short space of time. The storyline was a little implausible for me & the ending a bit rushed.

I have already downloaded the next book & wonder how it's going to pan out as everything has already been neatly sown up in this book!

I had no problem with the dark content & have read much darker books. I don't understand why some readers purchase these types of books if they are going to be offended by the content!

It was an interesting read, but I think worth only 3 stars. However I will certainly look out for more books by this author.

The Decimation of Mae (The Blue Butterfly Book 1)
The Decimation of Mae (The Blue Butterfly Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational!, 6 Aug. 2014
What a fantastic book! I can't rate it highly enough.

Yes it is dark, brutal, & gritty, but it is also heart rendering, compulsive & amazing. It takes you through so many emotions & is a real 'roller coaster' of a journey, but it never disappoints.

Mae is one tough cookie who you can't help admiring, despite her troubled past. She is feisty, determined & spirited. Daniel is a control freak, cruel, sadistic & crazy, but then he morphs into someone completely different. There are many twists & turns along the way which keeps you on your toes. I would have liked a different ending, but I had already guessed it was going to end as it did.

I wish there were more books & authors out there as good as this one.

I would definitely recommend this book, but it is not for the faint hearted. If you think you may be offended by the subject matter & content, then give it a wide berth. However, if you like dark, dark novels with a good story, this is a must read. More books like this please!

Bought for Love (You Don't Know Jack Book 1)
Bought for Love (You Don't Know Jack Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack-Delicious!, 1 Aug. 2014
Loved it! Jack is one sexy, manipulative, devious, gorgeous 'son of a bitch'!! Emily is sweet, naive, gullible, innocent & trusting! Put the two characters together & wow!

How can Emily be so blind? How can Jack be so dastardly & underhand? Easy would seem to be the answer!

Can't wait for the next book! When is it coming out? Please make it soon!!

The Finest Line (The Line Trilogy Book 1)
The Finest Line (The Line Trilogy Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard Work, 31 July 2014
I found this book to be very slow & boring. The first half was so dreary that I had to speed read quite a bit of it. It got slightly better about 55% of the way through. Reading this was a bit like wading through treacle!

I didn't like either of the main characters. The heroine was a 'nasty piece of work' with no redeeming character traits & the hero was either being heavy handed (literally), OTT or crying!!!

I can't understand why this book gets such a high review rating. I won't be buying the other books in the series.

Sorry Not for me.

The Millionaire's Rebellious Mistress (Mills & Boon Modern)
The Millionaire's Rebellious Mistress (Mills & Boon Modern)

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 19 July 2014
Sorry but I didn't enjoy this book. I found it slow, boring, old-fashioned & pedantic. Nothing really happened. The main characters were 'sickly sweet' & the interaction between Sarah & Alex corny, unexciting & humdrum. I got so bored I ended up speed reading parts of the book.

If you want a very old school M&B romance, then give this a go. If you want something more interesting with fun, feisty banter between two strong lead characters, then don't bother with it. I'm sorry but this book just didn't hold my attention.

For His Eyes Only (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted)
For His Eyes Only (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted)

3.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 18 July 2014
This was a smashing love story. I liked both main characters. It was a marvelous way to loose a few hours. Read & enjoy!

The Forbidden Touch of Sanguardo (Mills & Boon Modern)
The Forbidden Touch of Sanguardo (Mills & Boon Modern)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard Work, 17 July 2014
I normally love Julia's books, but the last one I read, (Painted the Other Woman) & this one have not been up to her usual standard. This was slow, dull, monotonous, dreary & repetitive. There was far too much 'soul searching' by both Celeste & Rafael & not enough action. The storyline & reason why Celeste was so withdrawn seemed unrealistic & far fetched to me. However the book did get slightly better in the last quarter.

I didn't enjoy this novel & found myself speed reading large parts of it. I couldn't recommend this book, but suggest you try some of Julia's earlier ones.

What the Greek Can't Resist (Mills & Boon Modern) (The Untameable Greeks - Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 15 July 2014
This complemented the first book in the series nicely. It was a pleasant read with attractive characters. I would have liked a bit more 'banter' between the brothers, but overall I enjoyed this book.

A Life Less Broken
A Life Less Broken

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautifully Heart Wrenching Book, 3 July 2014
This was a fantastic book covering a very distressing subject.

I cannot possibly comprehend how someone would feel or cope with the suffering, the horror, the physiological torture or the sheer loathing of oneself that the heroine in this book has to deal with. (Thank God). Margaret has written a truly wonderful book that deals with such a difficult topic in a beautiful, understanding & moving way.

This is a touching, heartbreaking, harrowing & at times distressing love story. I fell totally in love with Dominic & my heart just went out to Allyn & all that she had to deal with. She was such a brave, strong, damaged woman. It is one of the best novels I have read recently & if you can cope with the subject matter, you must read it.

Well done Margaret!

PS If you want another good read covering difficult subject matter but with a really good story try Stay by Emily Goodwin.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30