Profile for Puniey > Reviews

Content by Puniey

Puniey

Beowulf: Dragonslayer (New Windmills)
Beowulf: Dragonslayer (New Windmills)
by Rosemary Sutcliff
Price: 6.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Beowulf, 3 May 2011
Beowulf is a great warrior who went to kill the creature Grendel who had been terrorising a Viking town. The great Beowulf defeated the creature by tearing off his arm. But then Grendel's evil dragon mother seeks revenge and attempts to kill the almighty Beowulf but they fall in love. So what can go wrong, Beowulf has fallen in love with a dragon and so betrayed his people. I think the book has a nice storyline but it could be improved. I would only recommend this book to those who are extremely bored and have no other hobby to fill their time or if you have a particular love of Viking non-fiction. This would definitely be the book for you, if you meet either of those descriptions. I have given it two stars as my rating purely because although being a fiction lover myself this is just completely mad and has no sense at all. I think that sadly the end is the best part. I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't yet read it but the end is a fearsome battle that was ruined by the author's crazy idea for the finishing pages.