Profile for Lee Kelly > Reviews

Content by Lee Kelly

Lee Kelly "LordTedBear" (Dubin,Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
ZTE Skate Sim Free Android Smartphone
ZTE Skate Sim Free Android Smartphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Let the buyer beware., 6 Feb. 2012
I've had this phone for about 6 weeks and have had nothing but constant problems. The OS has failed so that the phone had to be flashed. The 'latest' software version was older than the version that was originally on the phone. The battery later failed such the phone could not be charged. The latest malfunction is that the screen goes blank as soon as you try to make or receive a call and wont re-activate meaning there is no way to hang up the phone or activate the loud speaker. Pretty poor usability all round and the localization of the user manual is pretty weak to boot. If your thinking of buying this phone and are lured by the cheapo price tag for a lager screen, Don't Do It. ZTE have cut corners on every level to bring this underpowered phone to market and the final result truly reflects their effort. Stay away from this bad boy or you'll be very sorely disappointed by this embarrassment of a handset.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2012 2:31 PM BST

Better Day
Better Day
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars A Drop of Contry Music Sunshine, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Better Day (Audio CD)
Another amazing and offering from the Queen of country. Infectious positivity and ceaseless energy delivered in a truly uplifting album with a voice that doesn't seem to age. An inspiration to us all. Thanks Dolly for brightening up many a Better Day. ;D xx

The Rules of Life: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, More Successful Kind of Life (The Rules Series)
by Richard Templar

1.0 out of 5 stars A Chore to Read., 28 Oct. 2010
I found this to be boring, toneless and humorless. It reads rather like a generic electrical appliance manual. Nothing emotive or enjoyable coming across in the reading of this book which at times is nothing more that preaching. I'd look to organised religion if I needed someone else to tell me generically what I (or WE as often mentioned in the book) should and shouldn't be thinking or doing. As an avid fan of continuous self improvement I couldn't recommend this to anyone.

New Super Mario Brothers (Wii)
New Super Mario Brothers (Wii)
Offered by Level99Games

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great Really, 28 Jan. 2010
I'm a huge Mario fan but have to disappointedly report that this is definitely not the best offering in the Mario franchise. Overall boring and repetitive and less enjoyable copy of the DS version on a bigger screen with slightly less responsive controls. Fails to break any new ground or show any evidence that any though other than money spinning went into this production. A rehash of Mario Allstars would have been better. Don't bother with this altogether lackluster game.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2010 6:01 PM GMT

The Ruling Class [DVD]
The Ruling Class [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter O'Toole
Offered by The Happy Zombie

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 13 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Ruling Class [DVD] (DVD)
Once again not the full version of the film. Full running time 154 mins. This version 126 mins. :(

Social Psychology: AND Social Psychology Student Access Cards for MyPsychKit
Social Psychology: AND Social Psychology Student Access Cards for MyPsychKit
by Prof Michael Hogg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 3 Nov. 2008
I'm a post-grad masters degree student at the moment. I found this book a very pleasant read compared to most of the other boring clinical and dull psychology texts Ive read over the last 5 years. I especially like the use of colour through the book making it aesthetically pleasing to the eye. All areas are well covered and I especially impressed with how the authors are able to relate their subject to the real world and also to recommend films where the reader can view what has been explained in action. This would be very useful for visual learners. The section at the back of each chapter recommending further reading on areas which might be of interest is also a nice touch. The book is also scattered with useful and relevant pictures and diagrams. I also like how the author sometimes poses questions in between the text getting the readers gray matter working and making the reader thing about what they are reading while reading rather than just skimming by. Clearly they are rather passionate about their subject matter. Over all an excellent text if you are interested in learning about Social Psychology. (If your an undergrad looking for a quick fix to copy out of for an assignment then go for a more boring book)

This is Alphabeat
This is Alphabeat
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Rehash, 7 July 2008
This review is from: This is Alphabeat (Audio CD)
This is not the original album. Three of the best tracks have been removed (Into the Jungle, Ocean Blue and The Hours) and replaced with sloppy generic synth-pop dribble (Gogo, Public Image and Touch me touching you). Get your hands on the original. Its much better than this one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2009 5:54 PM GMT

Dusty in Memphis
Dusty in Memphis

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a little Lovin', 1 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Dusty in Memphis (Audio CD)
Without doubt this is the finest album I've ever heard. I've had it for about 6 years and still listen to it regularly (I'm 24 so i wasnt around for the original). This version has the addition of tracks 12, 13 and 14 which were recorded for the album but were not released on the original 1969 version due to the formatting contraints on vynil. They just couldnt fit them one there and so this is the album as it was intended to be. A differnt experience to dusty's earlier work with her voice is pushed very much to the forefront of every song unlike being made part of a wall of sound which she previously produced. Packed with masterpieces such as 'Just a Little Loving', Breakfast in Bed' and the haunting 'Windmills of yuor Mind' my fave track is 'So Much Love' where Dusty's voice manages to soar while still retaining the reserved vocal style. In an era when shouting was the norm, Dusty decided to exercise a more delicate control over her vocal performance. Dont be a fool. You need this timeless album. Go get it.

Revolver [DVD]
Revolver [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Statham
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn, 26 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Revolver [DVD] (DVD)
Same pap as usual. If you've seen one Guy Ritchie film you've quite literally seen them all. (And wasted two hours of your life you'll never get back again). Follows same predictable chopping and changing scenes format with boring meaningless dialog until some equally meaningless violence is dropped in . Visual direction is also dreadful. Steer well clear. Its a stinker.

Cook Yourself Thin: The Delicious Way to Drop a dress Size
Cook Yourself Thin: The Delicious Way to Drop a dress Size
by Sophie Michell

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, Loveit!, 20 Feb. 2008
I got this book off my friend two weeks ago as a birthday present and I think its great. Ive already cooked lots of things form it and loved it all which I wasnt expecting as I wasnt a veggie lover (not that this is a veggie book, I just wouldnt have cooked them into anything before). I've just taken Sophies lasange out of the oven to bring to work tomorrow and have a supply of Harry's chocolate truffles in the fridge. Everything is so yummy and simple to make and I dont feel like im missing any of the old junk I used to eat. I also dont seem to overeat as much as I often did before. (maybe because there isnt MSG in everything). The only probelm I'm having is that everything I make extra of for later in the week is being eaten my my mother and sister, which is a good complaint for the book I suppose. I was about a stone and a half overweight when I got the book and already I've lost 4 pounds, so its onwards and upwards(or downsizewords) for me. Start looking after yourelf properly and cook yourself thin. Get it quick! And and p.s. dont forget to write a sequel girls.

Page: 1 | 2