Profile for Sue > Reviews

A Captain's Duty
A Captain's Duty
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Read, 9 May 2014
This review is from: A Captain's Duty (Kindle Edition)
This is bare bones and all, hiding no details of his fears yet still describing his motivations.
Despite reading it in bed, often falling asleep, I was totally hooked, couldn't think of another book until I had finished this one.
Highly recommended.

Sistema Klip It Cereal Container, 2.8 Litre
Sistema Klip It Cereal Container, 2.8 Litre
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacing Tupperware, 10 April 2014
I like the good airtight lid and shaping so it's easdy to pick up.
Replacing old container there are drawbacks. It doesn't hold quite as much but just OK for smaller size packs.
Also different proportions meant I had to rearrange the whole of 2 cupboards to accommodate it. Unbelievable isn't it !
Overall, a very good product.

MONOPOLY
MONOPOLY
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted, 10 April 2014
This review is from: MONOPOLY (App)
At last I can play alone, when and where I wish or have time. No longer dependant upon grandson for a decent game or even worse playing 2 hands alone and cheating the 'opponent'!
I particularly like to ability to turn-off the sound as, after a while, it tends to lull me and then I make mistakes.
Still learning all its' features.
This will keep me entertained for hours - much better than television.

Mail Plus
Mail Plus
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No Need to Dress and Walk for my Daily Mail, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mail Plus (App)
The whole reason why I bought it - so it's brilliant.
I found it a bit abbreviated from the paper version, no little snippets. Or is it me?
Sometimes it doesn't download automatically.
Major Plus from me is I get loads of Soduko to play (if I've got the time).
I really like it overall and furthermore, I don't have tons of paper to send to the re-cycling every week!

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Price: 89.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Brilliant, 29 Mar 2014
Bought to obtain daily paper, without getting dressed and going to the papershop plus, I thought, read books (I'm an avid reader).
It does these things plus I've found some apps which intrigue me, so I like it.
Sometimes it freezes, won't do as I ask, which is frustrating. The battery seems to run out fairly quickly.
Main grudge is, apparently I'm using the highest magnification but I end up screwing-up my eyes. Me or it, I don't know.
An instruction book would have been good and I don't always wish to turn on my computer to find the answer to - HOW?
You may gather that I'm not entirely tablet-aware from this

Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Early morning meanderings, 6 Mar 2014
Instead of leaning on my elbows, gazing through the kitchen window with my 1st cup of tea, wondering where the skid-marks in the sky above have come from/are going to, I can now find out. Repeat the excercise, in reverse, approx 2 hours later, if I've got the time. Re-visit in my head the airports I've travelled through. Informative, I've learned a lot and Great Fun for the inquisitive mind

Baileys Chocolat Luxe - Belgian Chocolate and Irish Cream Liqueur 50cl Bottle
Baileys Chocolat Luxe - Belgian Chocolate and Irish Cream Liqueur 50cl Bottle
Offered by DrinkSupermarket
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 18 Jan 2014
Don't know anything about the taste of this - chocolate flavoured (anything) is not my choice. All I can say is, the recipient was delighted so it must be OK for them. I will say that delivery was extremely quick with excellent, almost bomb-proof' packaging so I give a 5-star rating.

staedler 430F9 - Staedtler 430F Stickpen Fine Black Pk10
staedler 430F9 - Staedtler 430F Stickpen Fine Black Pk10
Offered by K Direct
Price: 1.73

5.0 out of 5 stars An Old Friend, 18 Jan 2014
Have used this pen for the past 20+ years and prefer it above all others. Only one other I would rate as equal to and I can't find it - perhaps 'they' have modernised it to a different version. So it's my 'Old Friend' for preference. Not easy to obtain on the High Street I found it on Amazon - thank goodness.

Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning - Butter Flavour
Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning - Butter Flavour
Offered by Gadget Grotto
Price: 6.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Untried by purchaser - Christmas gift, 18 Jan 2014
Bought as addition to Popcorn Machine - Grandson said the flavouring wasn't great - tasted of nothing much. I don't know, didn't try it. However , firm was good and it arrived quickly.

Konstsmide 3 Way Splitter For LED Light System
Konstsmide 3 Way Splitter For LED Light System

1.0 out of 5 stars Male/Female connections will NOT connect., 22 Dec 2013
Despite the product codes being the same, from the plug to the start of the splitter is good, then my original set and auxillary sets, which I purchased at the same time as the splitter, will NOT connect (the mouldings are different).
Have not yet contacted the retailer (time, Christmas was not upon us in October, stress now, etc) but feel (because of mouldings) that this will be referred back to the manufacturer, so not entirely hopeful about this purchase (+ 2 separate sets of compatible lights from a different retailer).
I will stress that the seller of the splitter delivered before the promised time so, that was a good transaction. It is the splitter that is wrong.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3