Profile for Ben Dunn > Reviews

How To Be a Woman
How To Be a Woman
by Caitlin Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny and quotable, 4 Feb. 2012
This review is from: How To Be a Woman (Paperback)
I loved this book. Honestly written about everything from the author's childhood to her decision to abort a healthy baby. I laughed until tears rolled down my cheeks, and just cried at her description of her first birth. This is, without doubt, the best book I've read in years and I very much recommend it to anyone, male or female.

Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
by Ashton Kutcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but too many lists, 20 Aug. 2010
I did enjoy reading this, but it is lacking an overall framework which would help to structure the numerous lists and bullet points of things to remember and do. I've come across this in other books on social media, so I'm not sure if the channel just lends itself to this method of writing, but the author keeps listing things horizontally and vertically and I kept losing my place. If there was some form of overarching structure, diagram or model into which all of this fitted (and its not the conversation prism btw) it would be a much easier, and much more informative, read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2012 12:31 PM BST

It's Not What You Think
It's Not What You Think
by Chris Evans
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly good listen, 30 May 2010
This review is from: It's Not What You Think (Audio CD)
I very much enjoyed this book, and it was made all the better by Mr.Evans reading it himself and bringing his energy and enthusiasm to his book. It is blisteringly honest, laugh out loud funny, and very personal at times. Of course, it ends with a cliffhanger, and I thoroughly look forward to the next instalment.

Sharp Digital TV Recorder with Twin Digital Tuner, 160 GB Hard Drive and PIP (Picture in Picture)

2.0 out of 5 stars Starts well...., 31 Dec. 2007
I bought this back in March 2007 instead of taking out a SKy subscription. All was well until around August when it started recording the wrong channels when I tried to record the same thing each week on the same channel. Now it won't record a single programme never mind a series. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm quite technically savvy, and having made a cursory search of the forums to find other people with the same problem, I've decided a shouldn't have to do this, and I've gone for BT Vision so we'll see if that's any better.

Apart from this recording problem, the EPG doesn't compare with the Sky equivalent in terms of usability, and seems to take a while to access the drive.

Hope this helps !

Staying Alive
Staying Alive
by Matt Beaumont

5.0 out of 5 stars He keeps getting better, 21 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Staying Alive (Paperback)
I've read mattt's previous two books 'e' and 'e for christmas' (I think ?). The first two were originally formatted and funny. This book is my favourite. I've been reading it on the Tube and laughing out loud. The characters are very well developed, and the plot smacks of an advertising crative with too much time on his hands ! If, as he says, all creatives have a novel they are working on, I wish more of them would publish ! Fantastic book that I can't recommend highly enough.