Profile for Patsy Collins > Reviews

Content by Patsy Collins

Patsy Collins (Lee-on-Solent, Hampshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Running Vixen (Wild Hunt Book 2)
The Running Vixen (Wild Hunt Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Jun. 2016
Interesting read with lots of action and interesting characters.

England's Mistress: The Infamous Life of Emma Hamilton
England's Mistress: The Infamous Life of Emma Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 28 April 2016
I'm interested in this period of history and knew some of the facts about Emma's life, but learned a great deal more from reading the book. Far more interesting though was the insight into what it would have been like to actually live through that period as a woman not born into money. So glad I didn't have to experience it!

Free to Be Tegan: Free from the cult...to find love, to be herself
Free to Be Tegan: Free from the cult...to find love, to be herself

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the story of Tegan's attempts to become 'normal' and ..., 10 April 2016
I enjoyed the story of Tegan's attempts to become 'normal' and to cope with having to make her own decisions and form opinions. In a way her struggles are similar to those of everyone as they grow up, although most of us are able to start before we're 27.

Particularly enjoyed the scenes set in the almost idyllic Welsh village and wonderful scenery. I can see it's an ideal spot for her to begin her recovery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2016 2:56 PM BST

Righteous Release
Righteous Release

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets my vote, 22 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Righteous Release (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable and entertaining read with lots of twists and turns. I found the insights into local politics as interesting as those about religion.

At times I wanted to shake some sense into David and get him to take some kind of control over his life - yet I could easily see why he found this almost impossible. I do agree with The Fellowship that he needs a good wife!

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming

5.0 out of 5 stars but I enjoyed reading about the other characters too, 17 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Long Time Coming (Kindle Edition)
The dog Bear is undoubtedly the star of this book, but I enjoyed reading about the other characters too. I enjoyed following along as the main character tried to piece together her past and build a future, including setting up her own vetinary business and settling into the home which once belonged to the friend she suspects may be haunting her wakeful moments as well as her dreams. At times I was ahead of Joy in working out what happened, but there were enough twists and surprises to hold my interest.

The Little Things
The Little Things

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun story, 9 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Little Things (Kindle Edition)
Although I did guess pretty much how this would turn out that didn't greatly detract from my enjoyment. The characters are likeable - except the one we gradually realise is downright horrible. Hannah's life is hectic and crazy at times, but all the action iseasy to follow andevents are entertaining.

Mischief at Mulberry Manor
Mischief at Mulberry Manor

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed stepping back in time to share in Maryanne's excitement ..., 7 Feb. 2016
I enjoyed stepping back in time to share in Maryanne's excitement at visiting her relations in Mulberry Manor and her anticipation of the Twelth Night masked ball. Like her I wondered what could lie behind her cousin's strange behaviour and her sighting of a ghostly figure. Mischief is indeed uncovered - both in the story's present and in the distant past. There's also danger, romance and red hot raisins - more than enough to hold my interest until the end.

Swaying
Swaying

5.0 out of 5 stars I was swayed, 1 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Swaying (Kindle Edition)
This book was a selection in a book club I've just joined and I wasn't entirely sure if I'd like it. Not having kids myself I didn't expect to care much for a character desperate to have a girl rather than a boy. I found I did care about her though. Not so much about which sex her babies were, but about her physical and emotional health and about her relationships with her family and friends.

Serious issues aree raised in the book and some terribly sad things happen, but overall this isn't a grim or depressing story. It's emotional and involving and even funny at times.

Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Short Story) (Shopaholic series)
Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Short Story) (Shopaholic series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. I'd been expecting a fun read, 31 Jan. 2016
Very disappointed. I'd been expecting a fun read, but the main character is so selfish, superficial and spoiled that I didn't even get half way through the story. What I did read was well written and it was easy to picture the scenes and action. I'd be happy to try something else by this author as long as Becky didn't appear in it.

KIDNAPPED, A Romantic Suspense Novel (Edgars Family Novels Book 1)
KIDNAPPED, A Romantic Suspense Novel (Edgars Family Novels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars sex and the good guys eventually win, 30 Jan. 2016
Fast paced, loads of action, likeable characters, baking, sex and the good guys eventually win. What more do you need?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7