Profile for Danny > Reviews

Inhuman Rampage [Parental Advisory]
Offered by Dirty Deals UK
Price: 6.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Future Superstars., 7 April 2006
Dragonforce are an excellent band, and Inhuman Rampage is an excellent album, but there just seems to be a little something lacking as opposed to their previous albums; Valley of the Damned and Sonic Firestorm.
Inhuman Rampage, while although not Dragonforce's best work, is helping to evolve their sound to the very next level. Throughout the entire disk you will hear a lot of different, experimental sounds, with the use of keyboards becoming even more techno-ish.
We begin this journey with the mindblowing "Through the Fire and Flames," which in my opinion, is one of the top three Dragonforce songs period. Of course, this will differ from person to person, but Through the Fire and Flames is a classic opener to a just as classic album.
Next we move on to the almost Death Metal-like Revolution Deathsquad. This is also an excellent track, and it is followed up by just as brilliant songs until we come to the almost electric Operation Ground and Pound. As that song begins to fade, we are hit with the thrashing guitars of Body Breakdown. These tracks all hold that same passion we have seen in previous Dragonforce tracks.
The album, although very similiar, is not at all the same as some people mention. Okay, their overall sound sticks to that same Extreme Power Metal that they label themselves as, but every note the shocking young guitar duo of Herman Li and Sam Totam play adds a different sound to the already heavy backing.
After getting through most of the album without being admitted into the emergency room, we come to one of the greatest finishes to an album that Dragonforce could produce; Trail of Broken Hearts. A complete change from the rest of the album, and a change from the other two albums, this song is just what you need to end the ultimate progressive Dragonforce album.
While this is nowhere near as good in terms of quality as Valley of the Damned or Sonic Firestorm, it is amazing for what it is; the next step in evolving Dragonforce's sound. I can never get tired of sitting in awe at the sheer talents of every member in the band, and I know for sure when the chance arises, I will be seeing them live, and I will be moshing my heart out to these men; the new generation of metal.