Profile for L. Thompson > Reviews

Content by L. Thompson

L. Thompson "mentorartemis" (UK, North West)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
What In God's Name
What In God's Name
by Simon Rich

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, thought provoking and an enjoyable read. Love it, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: What In God's Name (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this, we've all been in the situation of working for a boss who has lost interest in the job, isn't doing the work and seems totally self obsessed. Imagine that boss being God, how do you tackle his apathy, disinterest and kick him hard enough to want to change things without being sacked? Or perhaps worse? Some gloriously funny moments, uncomfortable situations and filled with humour. I'm not religious, but it did make me question lots of things about what I do and don't believe.

Great Escapes: Experience the World at Your Leisure (Lonely Planet Travel Pictorial)
by Lonely Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous coffee table book, great for the serious traveller, 17 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An absolutely stunning book, the photography is breathtaking in places and the descriptions/information on each of the chosen locations was inspirational. I find my bucket list of places to go is increasing as I work my way through the book. Retirement may be a while away, but in the meantime I can dream, plan and look ahead.

Almo Nature Holistic Dog Medium with Chicken and Rice 12 Kg
Almo Nature Holistic Dog Medium with Chicken and Rice 12 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars very popular with our Labradors, 30 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have three greedy Labradors who live for their stomachs. All three are a bit lighter with this food but I'm sure they don't notice. The kibble itself has a very pleasant smell (to humans) and is apparently delicious to our dogs. The shape of the kibble helps to keep canine teeth 'clean' and was much enjoyed.
It's a reasonably price compared to other brands. However, I'd like to see the bag swapped for something a bit stronger and with a reseal top as you don't want to encourage mice, slugs (yes they love the stuff too!) or clever Labradors who find out how to nose the bag open and have a picnic.
Must be good :-)

Ready Brek Original 250 g (Pack of 6)
Ready Brek Original 250 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I remembered, 30 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Picked this up for my son who is 13 going on a 100. He liked it and found it easier to make for himself than proper porridge. The milk is easy to heat in the microwave and just pour over the mix, a few stirs and the lumps are gone making for a smooth, kid friendly porridge. The adults in the house preferred the real thing, but my son enjoyed this much more.

Eukanuba Puppy and Junior Large Breed Dry Dog Food - 15 kg, Chicken
Eukanuba Puppy and Junior Large Breed Dry Dog Food - 15 kg, Chicken

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food, expensive but works well, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have Labrador Retrievers, one black and aged nine, two chocolate aged three who are her daughters. The younger dogs loved the Puppy food and I'd recommend it to breeders happily. It's a pleasant smell, has an easy to use zip lock sack to prevent any odours or the food from going soft. The food pieces are shaped to clean the teeth at the same time and the Vet commented on this on the girls last checkup. I'd buy it more often if the price were a little less. It's not just for puppies, for breeders or anyone with a pregnant bitch, you need to be feeding puppy food to your girl in the last few weeks of pregnancy so she doesn't get too much protein (which can cause kidney problems and eclampsia - ask me how I know, sigh) and has enough fat to produce plenty of milk for the puppies.
It does cost more than other brands, but nutritionally it's better and will make the difference to the long term health of the puppy (in my opinion).

Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and not just for gaming, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not a gamer, so this must seem like an odd choice for me? However, I really like the backlight and the keys are soft on the hands compared to my other Logitech. I'm a web developer so I type a lot of code and content, use photoshop which often requires multiple keys at a time. This keyboard made it a joy to work. Hubby commented that it was quieter and less annoying, so that's a plus.
My son, who is into games, tried the keyboard and is frequently caught sneaking it into his bedroom to attach to his laptop.
I can't comment on the gaming only functionality, but as a quiet and easy to use keyboard it's cheaper than the last one I had and seems just as hard wearing. Everyone hates to borrow my keyboards as I have long nails (natural, not glued on talons!), and I wear off the numbers and letters on the 'busier' keys. It's great for me as I touch type and never look at the keyboard, but they didn't learn to type properly and would struggle. The lettering on the keys seems to have stayed on so far, which is better than others I have used which showed signs of wear very quickly. I also worked on some of the functions to reduce the keystrokes I needed to run some of my macros and found that feature very useful.

Martin Beck: The Locked Room (Martin Beck Detective 08)
Martin Beck: The Locked Room (Martin Beck Detective 08)
by Maj Sjowall
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great episode from the BBC, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this one having listened to CD07 the previous week. The Locked Room didn't have the sound issues of the previous disc so that was obviously a one-off issue. Neil Pearson is great and as always with the BBC it's well acted and thought out. The story itself has the usual plot twists and is very funny in places. I won't spoil it for you, but if you're listening in the car, you might have to stop to laugh like my hubby did. Great for long journeys or a quiet night at home. We like to turn off the tv and just enjoy listening to these as a break from the constant 'noise' of adverts and rubbish we are bombarded with every day.
Great value and a wonderful gift to anyone in the family who loves crime and drama.

Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment 125 ml
Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment 125 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and worked well, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have fair hair, it's wavy (often curly in wet or damp weather) and is very, very fine. When I wash my hair you can see my scalp through the thing hair. Once it's dry it looks like a normal head of hair, but to me it needs body.
The serum itself is really easy to use, I used 15 pumps for a full head of shoulder length hair. Lift the hair at the roots and apply with your hands to the roots. I also then combed it through and this worked well for me.
I think if you used it in combination with the various shampoos, conditioners and other potions in the range it'd be amazing, but for me, this worked brilliantly and I'm very impressed.
It doesn't last long at 15 pumps per go, so I probably will use it for a night out or if I've got a meeting or something, rather than every day. But, if you have fine hair and need to look great on a daily basis, this is worth a try.

Trekking in the Himalaya
Trekking in the Himalaya
by Kev Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a visual feast this book is. I enjoyed reading about the various treks and adventures but was absolutely blown away by the photography. I'd give it five stars just for the pictures.
I've always been fascinated by the Himalaya and couldn't wait to sit down with a large cuppa and flick through the book. It was enjoyable on so many levels. The beauty and remoteness of the places visited, the sheer effort involved in actually getting anywhere is inspiring and finally it made me want to go there myself some day.
If you love climbing, trekking etc, you'll enjoy this and relate to the struggles, joys and need to go somewhere 'because it's there'.
Excellent.

My Sporting Life: Sir Alex Ferguson
My Sporting Life: Sir Alex Ferguson
by Danny Kelly
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for die-hard fans, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son is a mad Man Utd fan and I knew this would be something he'd enjoy and we could listen to together in the car on the school run. I found it interesting, he found it fascinating. The disc covers Fergie's career from not so successful early days and is peppered with interviews with pundits, former players, colleagues etc. It was interesting and it was very clear that Fergie is a strong character who doesn't put up with any nonsense. Maybe that's the secret of his success? In Sir Matt Busby's day the players had to ask permission for a second pint of beer the night before a match, I suspect that discipline and respect for the game is what's missing from today's champagne fuelled overpaid 'soccer celebs' who seem to think they're better than the rest of us.
This would be a great gift for a Utd Fan, or anyone interested in soccer who isn't a Man Utd hater. If nothing else its a careful spotlight shone on a long and successful career in football. Well worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13