Profile for Jynx > Reviews

Content by Jynx

Jynx "John-paul" (Cardiff)

NEW RGB & WHITE B22 LED Light Bulb FREE IR Remote Control + 16 Color Changing UK
Offered by 5 Star Lighting Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 21 Aug. 2014
Arrived extremely promptly and in tact. Bought it a s a quirky unusual gift for a friends birthday, who absolutely adores it and has spent hours playing around with it. Well worth the purchase!

Psalm 21 [DVD] [2009]
Psalm 21 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Fredrik Hiller
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the trailer made out!, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Psalm 21 [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Bought this a few weeks ago, nothing really special about it apart from a few special effects. Had high hopes after seeing the trailer but was quite disappointed. Storyline had no real surprises either. What upset me the most was that it is a foreign film but it doesn't state that anywhere on here whilst purchasing it. Don't get me wrong, love foreign films, but was surprised when film started and subtitles came up. There are a few scares in the film, okay if you want to pass the time but didn't do it for me sorry!

Hanna [DVD]
Hanna [DVD]
Dvd ~ Saoirse Ronan

5.0 out of 5 stars Better that anticipated!, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hanna [DVD] (DVD)
I've had this for a few months sitting amongst my dvd collection, watching others before it because, shame on me, read a few bad reviews on here and thought it was going to be rubbish! OMG, what an absolutely smashing film, was transfixed from the beginning! This film is visually stunning with an interesting plot, well thought out scenes and an excellent cast. I found it to be creative, moody, magical and felt physically compelled to watch it as is surprised and entertained me throughout! May I just say NO THANKS to all you people who have given it such bad reviews, did you even watch it for more than 5 minutes! Even if it wasn't your cup of tea surely you can recognize a bit of brilliance and individuality when it hits you in the face! I recommend to all that you at least give this a try, I loved it and I'm sure the majority of you will as well.

In Time [DVD]
In Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ Justin Timberlake

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concept!, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: In Time [DVD] (DVD)
Came across this by accident. Have always loved the majority of things Justin Timberlake has done whether it be music or film, so I thought I'd give this a go. I must admit I was hooked from the first few minutes of the film! I absolutely loved the concept of this film and also thought the scenery, cast and storytelling were impeccable throughout. I'm not the most avid fan of Sci Fi films as most which have been recommended to me have been a disappointment, but this was refreshing and entertaining and well worth the money spent. Spent an afternoon very content watching this! Highly recommend you give it a try :)

Wise Girls [DVD]
Wise Girls [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Good!, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Wise Girls [DVD] (DVD)
Wasn't expecting much of this and only bought it because I like Mira, but I must admit was pleasantly surprised! I won't go into a full blown review as others have done so before me, but if you like The Soprano's, chick flicks and a bit of surprise then this won't disappoint. Starts a bit slow, seems like it is going to be a tad depressing, but turns out to be quite an enjoyable watch. Not a 5 star film in the least but well worth the 4 stars I'm giving. I recommend you give it a go. :) x

Eat, Pray, Love [DVD] [2011]
Eat, Pray, Love [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ James Franco

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure escapism!, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Eat, Pray, Love [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I honestly don't understand why this film has had such bad reviews, I absolutely loved it. Watched the film first and then bought the book, but to be honest enjoyed the film more. Have watched this several times now, takes me to another place which is nice every now and then, check it out!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2013 11:06 AM BST