Profile for Babs > Reviews

Content by Babs

Babs "Creative Foodie" (Cornwall, England)

Large print keyboard stickers - white on black
Large print keyboard stickers - white on black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 18 Dec 2013
Through using my Computer every day I had worn off the letters on some of the keys. I found it irritating as I then kept hitting the wrong keys and having to correct and re-type. Ordered this product, stuck on the letters for the whole of my key board and now it's as if I have a brand new keyboard - very pleased with it.

New Ladies Black Bead Gold Colour Elegant Necklace And Earring Set
New Ladies Black Bead Gold Colour Elegant Necklace And Earring Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Dainty Necklace and Ear-rings Set, 18 Dec 2013
This went perfectly with my outfit. Just what I was looking for Wore this to a Christmas Ball and it matched in with the beading on the top I was wearing.

Thorntons Classics Nuts and Pralines Collection 137 g
Thorntons Classics Nuts and Pralines Collection 137 g
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Where were the nuts?, 18 Dec 2013
Sorry but not up to your usual standard. Nearly all chocolate and hardly any nuts. I do like my nuts so disappointed in this product.

Making Beautiful Christmas Cakes (Cookery)
Making Beautiful Christmas Cakes (Cookery)
by Murdoch Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Cake Book, 11 Oct 2009
I just love, love, love this book - what more can I say except do buy it, you won't be sorry. It gives instructions for easy to make cakes as well as the more difficult ones to decorate. For a small book, I rate it as being quite classy as well.

Fantastic Party Cakes: A Step-By-Step Guide to Designing and Decorating Spectacular Party Cakes
by Mich Turner
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Party Cakes, 11 Oct 2009
I would say this is a book for the more advanced cake maker and decorator. I love a challenge and this book provides that in spades!! I love it!! Just wish Mich had provided at least two more cake recipes. I made some small cakes from this book for a friend and she was very impressed and delighted with them. This is one book I'm very glad I bought.

Master Class 20cm Non-Stick Square Deep Cake Pan With Loose Base
Master Class 20cm Non-Stick Square Deep Cake Pan With Loose Base
Price: 8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Cake Tin, 11 Oct 2009
I just love this Cake Pan - It's very heavy duty. Quite weighty in itself but turns out cakes beautifully.
Highly recommended.

Tastefully Small Dessert Canapes: Bite-Sized Sweets for Easy Entertaining
Tastefully Small Dessert Canapes: Bite-Sized Sweets for Easy Entertaining
by Kin Hendrickson

2.0 out of 5 stars Dessert Canapes, 11 Oct 2009
This book is an American book and I am not impressed at all by it. Some of the suggested small bites would be very messy to handle and I expected more from this book. I wish an English Chef would write a book on small dessert bites. Sorry cannot recommend this book.

Canapes
Canapes
by Eric Treuille

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthusiastic First Timer!!, 1 July 2009
This review is from: Canapes (Hardcover)
I had my 70th Birthday Party recently and as it was a milestone Birthday decided to do something different and special. I purchased this book which is amazing - fantastic recipes! The result was everyone raved about the food, had lots of lovely comments, at least two people said I should take up catering professionally and finally - proof of the pudding as they say - I held the party at an hotel and the owner asked if I would consider making Canapes for her Birthday Party!! Wow!! - is all I can say. Do buy this book!!