Profile for Ash Barty > Reviews

Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver, 24 May 2011
Well, what can I say? The case has saved my life (from my wife) - more later.

When the product arrived (quickly and well packaged) I put it on the phone - simple as pie, back on, front on, snap it together, slide iPhone into rubber casing (bottom first) and stretch over the edges - 2 mins max

The hole covers fit nice and snug, the camera cover rotates back and clips into a recess (saves using 2 hands for photo's as other reviews mention - although yet to be proven out and about). Yes, it is a bit chunky, but boy does the phone feel safe.

So, I ventured out with my shiny new iphone in it's rubber brick, walking the dog who decided to jump in the river, knocking me off balance. I tumbled down the riverbank and landed in 2 feet of water. Quickly reaching into my pocket, I fished out the iPhone in it's Survivor case and threw it back up the riverbank to my wife, who promptly dropped it. When I eventually joined her on the path, there wasn't a mark on the phone, no water damage (it wasn't submerged but got splashed) - my wife looked ready to kill me but instead said "That's why you need a proper case".

So, thanks Griffin for making the Survivor - my iPhone and I survived! Friends have commented that it's not as big as they thought it would be and a couple have said they'll get the case too.

I think another reviewer mentioned that he keeps mis-typing - I do as well but am getting used to it now - some of the functions at the edge of the screen are more difficult due to the raised protection of the Survivor, but I absolutely have to award 5 stars to this great case. There's even a 7 minute video on You Tube where they throw it at walls, bowl it across a concrete car park etc - it is pretty much indestructible.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2013 1:03 AM GMT