Profile for A Gartland > Reviews

Content by A Gartland

A Gartland (Gateshead, UK)

Plantronics .Audio 655USB Digital PC Headset
Plantronics .Audio 655USB Digital PC Headset
Offered by SENDERCITY
Price: 26.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Fix for "clicking" sound if used with Windows 7 64-bit, 8 Nov 2010
For anyone who uses a 64-bit operating system and experiences a clicking sound with this headset when music gets a bit more bass in it, I think I've found a fix. It's worked for me so hopefully if you have this problem it should work for you. I know this isn't a review but I came here first when i had the problem to see if others had it also so I assume others might do the same.

Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and click "playback devices". Click on the headset then press "Properties". Go to the Enhancements tab, check the "Bass Boost" box. (This seems counter-intuitive but bear with me, this does work). Once you've checked the box, click "Settings". Set the Boost Level to "None". Here's the important bit; set the frequency to 100 Hz. If this only partially fixes the issue for you, try different frequencies until it works for you.

Hope this helps someone.

Yusmart 19" TFT Monitor - 198QP 12ms with Built-in Speakers Black/Silver
Yusmart 19" TFT Monitor - 198QP 12ms with Built-in Speakers Black/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 years on and it's still great, 12 April 2010
I've had this monitor bought from Amazon for 5 years now and it still works great. I'm not one for writing long reviews but just thought it was worth noting that, at least in my case, this monitor is reliable and will last.

I can't comment on the built-in speakers because I never use them but otherwise, great!

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Upgrade) (PC)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Upgrade) (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it and not as bad as you might have heard!, 22 Feb 2007
Vista looks AMAZING and it was worth my money, even just for the much faster search capabilities compared to XP. It takes a lot less time to access and open files now and, add every second that you save doing this compared to XP and after a week of use, I'll probably save about an hours worth of time that's no longer wasted to looking through my computer. Ok, so there are some programs that don't work with vista YET and there are some issues with nvidia graphics cards with it but I've come across nothing that makes this a "waste of money" like some claim......definitely an over statement. If you are the average home user or even a bit more advanced, then this is a VAST improvement on windows XP, even with the small handful of niggles that it temporarily comes with.

Back to Bedlam
Back to Bedlam
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GREATES ALBUM OF THE CENTURY!, 28 April 2005
This review is from: Back to Bedlam (Audio CD)
Seems like a bold comment? Buy it yourself and you'll be saying the same to everyone you meet. i buy a lot (and i mean a lot) of music almost daily. From time to time, i will come across a song or even an album which is "good" or "Stands out". This album blows them all away. Out of all the countless albums ive ever bought, this is the only 1 to which i can genuinly hold my hands up and say "EVERY song is GREAT. So muuch So that it's near impossible to pick a "Favourite". So i just say "The Album" is the greatest music ever. Buy it right now and you can thank me later for convinving you! James Blunt, my hat goes off to you!

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Two Disc Theatrical Edition) [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood|Ian McKellen|Viggo Mortensen|Orlando Bloom
Price: 3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Supreme!, 8 Aug 2003
5 star? not enough! 5+star! what more can i say? its the greatest movie ever made. therefore, i cant wait for the return of the king.