Profile for Simon Alderson > Reviews

Content by Simon Alderson

Simon Alderson

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
by Suzanne Collins

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, but ending not so great, 10 Dec 2013
Ok, so generally most of this book was amazing, dramatic, epic, heart-breaking etc.... until the last, like, 3 chapters or so. And then it was just a bit meh.

Spoilers***

So I get that after Prim's death Katniss would be grief-stricken and miserable but she was such a strong character I thought she would have stood up and DONE something rather than just get locked in a room for a few weeks. I was really hoping to see President Katniss. I get why she probably didn't want to be President after all she'd been through but I was surprised that wasn't the direction the story was going in.
And even though I'm a Everlark shipper, I wanted a better ending to the whole Gale/Katniss thing, I felt disappointed for those who wanted Gale and Katniss together because their relationship wasn't tied up at all, they just sort of never spoke again and Katniss married Peeta.

But, yeah, overall the book was epic and amazing and I'd read it again. I might just not bother with the last few pages.

Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
by Veronica Roth

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Dec 2013
I LOVED the first two books in the Divergent series so much, and I was incredibly excited for the final novel to come out, however, I was left slightly disappointed. I feel the explanation behind the creation of Chicago was quite weak and dull, there was no real action or excitement, and it was quite a slow build up, and then the end was just depressing. I felt it was a little rushed and the writing was no where near as good as the first two, to be honest - please forgive me - it seemed a little Stephenie Meyer-ish. Sorry.

It wasn't terrible, but it just didn't live up to my expectations, and I'm not entirely sure that I'd recommend the series to you if you've not started reading it from the beginning yet, but if you've read the first 2 then you should probably read this, just because you'd probably go insane from curiosity if you didn't.

DELUXE PETMATE CAFÉ WATERIER 2.84 ltr Pearl WHITE
DELUXE PETMATE CAFÉ WATERIER 2.84 ltr Pearl WHITE
Offered by Pet Play Pads

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 4 Jun 2013
Works well but smaller than expected, bought for large dogs would be perfect for small dog or cat, all ok

Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook
Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook
by Mary Berry

1.0 out of 5 stars Discusting that there are shark recipes in this book!, 14 Dec 2012
I always thought Mary Berry was a nice person - obviously not, there is no excuse for her to have endangered species in her cook book, it is disgraceful and I don't understand how it could have been published. Please boycott this book to show that the general public will not accept the killing and eating of endangered animals.

pewterhooter designer jewellery. Petite SWAROVSKI crystal on Silver Lever back earrings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful - slightly smaller than expected though, 24 Aug 2012
Excellent service, the earrings arrived the day after ordered! Very nice packaging and even came with a Swarvoski crystal certificate. They are very, very beautiful and shiny, however, they are slightly smaller than I expected but they are still great value for money and look very elegant.

Evanescence
Evanescence
Offered by MEGA Media FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait!!, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: Evanescence (Audio CD)
I've been waiting for what feels like forever... but my faveourite band finally released their new album. I totally get why this is the self-titled album, Evanescence really is a band this time, they have some truely amazing songs on this album, my personal faves being 'Lost in Paradise' 'The Change' 'My Heart is Broken' 'Never Go Back' and 'The Other side' which are all beautifully written, with an amazing band, and, of course, Amy Lee's stunning vocals.
There are other songs on here which may need you to listen to them a few times before you really 'get' them, one is 'Swimming Home', which I was at first confused about, it being all electronicy and not my style at all, but the lyrics & vocals are perfect.
The Open Door was my faveourite Evanescence album, as it came out at a really hard time in my life, and the lyrics really helped me through, to me, this new album isn't quite as good, but its very close, and I might just be biased. However, I do think it's better than Fallen, but then again, I've never understood why people seem so obsessed with Fallen, yet disregard Open Door, I'd give it 4 1/2 stars, only Amazon won't let me, so I'll stick to 4 as it isn't quite worthy of 5... but still not far away. I just hope next time Evanescence don't make us wait 5 years for the next album.