Profile for A. Scott > Reviews

Content by A. Scott

A. Scott "QuirkiGir1" (West Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung UE32ES5500 32-inch 1080P Full HD Smart LED TV with Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 9 April 2013
Bought as a gift - great picture quality for both blu ray and dvd. Easy to set up with an easy user interface.

Let It Bleed
Let It Bleed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Let It Bleed (MP3 Download)
Amazon is always cheaper than iTunes - this album is no exception.
Bought it for 1 particular song, but the whole album is great Stones music :)

Hanson Cellis Memory Vocal Bathroom Scales - White - 24 Stones/150kg Capacity
Hanson Cellis Memory Vocal Bathroom Scales - White - 24 Stones/150kg Capacity

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 9 April 2013
A good product, but the packaging was quite damaged - looked like it had been rolling round a warehouse for months.
That said, the product works well and I am happy with it.

BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive iPad Stylus - Touch Screen Stylus with Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fabric Tip for Apple iPad Air, iPad mini 2 w/ Retina (2013), iPad 4, iPhone 5s / 5, iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, Touchscreen Stylus for All Devices (Metallic Silver)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for iPad, 29 July 2011
I bought this for use with my new iPad 2.
It's perfect for any drawing/animation apps and also for avoiding any unsightly finger print marks on the screen.
It's not exactly cheap, but it is an great stylus and I thought it was worth the price.

Apple iLife '11, Family Pack, 5 User (Mac)
Apple iLife '11, Family Pack, 5 User (Mac)
Offered by CJ & Co.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price!, 29 July 2011
There's a lot of mixed reviews about the latest iLife.
I personally really like the new iPhoto. I use GarageBand rarely, but I think it's a great bit of software, and at this price you really can't go far wrong!

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB Sata 8MB Cache 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive OEM - Sony Playstation PS3 Compatible
Offered by Xtreme_Drives

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 2007 MacBook, 26 Jun. 2011
I bought this to upgrade my 120GB MacBook memory as I could no longer fit all my music on my internal hard drive. I've now done a clean install of Snow Leopard (was previously running Tiger) on to this new hard drive, and my MacBook's running a treat.
A very reasonable price and super easy to install thanks to Apple's design.

Kingston Apple 4GB RAMKit 2x2GB
Kingston Apple 4GB RAMKit 2x2GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 26 Jun. 2011
A really reasonable price.
I purchased this to upgrade the 1GB RAM in my 2007 MacBook. It's worked a treat and my computer is running MUCH faster.
Really pleased.

Trivial Pursuit Star Wars DVD Game
Trivial Pursuit Star Wars DVD Game
Offered by rsc-media

5.0 out of 5 stars Not really for kids, but an excellent Star Wars games for older fans, 20 Feb. 2011
Many people seem to have bought this for their children who enjoy Star Wars. I am 27 and a massive Star Wars geek and still found some of the questions challenging!
As with any other Trivial Pursuit game, the questions are often tricky - that's part of the fun.
I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who's not well versed in Star Wars, as you're unlikely to get anywhere - they really have designed it for hardcore fans. But as a hardcore fan myself, I'm really greatful to find a fun Star Wars game that is still challenging.
If you're interested, check out the 2nd hand ones for sale on the Marketplace, as I found one considerably cheaper that buying it brand new.
I hope this review helps if you're thinking of buying this as a present.
If anyone knows of a Star Wars Scene It? game - please resond to my review and let me know where to get one - I can't find one anywhere, but can't believe that Lucasfilm haven't released one!

Samsonite Bright LITE Upright 55/20 V67001 39892
Samsonite Bright LITE Upright 55/20 V67001 39892

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 Feb. 2011
This is a supurb bit of travel kit.
It's a good size, but still suitable to take as carry on luggage. The divider inside is great for packing and allows you to store things like shoes etc away from your nice clothes.
The lock design (as with all Samsonite cases that I've come across) is great, allowing you to secure the case without the faff of a padlock, but still allowing Airport Security to accessing your case without breaking the lock.
The 4 wheels make it SO easy to move around with and there's also a handy hook which you can extend and hang your duty free shopping bags from!
I love the shiny finish - it's very modern.
In fact I liked it so much that I;ve bought the full size case to match!
Happy travelling!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2011 10:39 AM GMT

Live & Work in Canada: The most accurate, practical and comprehensive guide to living in Canada
by Frances Lemon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 2 Aug. 2010
I've purchased this book as I am looking to emigrate to Canada within the next year or so.

It's up to date and informative without being a heavy read. It's divided into useful sections and includes advice on what to do before you go, not just about what to do once you get there.

My move to Canada is not a definite decision yet, but at this good value price, this book is helping me research things so that once I've been on my trip out there next month and made my decision, I'll already be well on the way to getting the ball rolling and really making it happen.

It's also worth noting that the book contains profiles of immigrants from different countries, moving to different areas of Canada and talks about their experiences - a really useful read.

Thanks :)