Profile for Shirley S > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
A novel of real quality. Easy to follow, exciting and completely unpredictable. It's made me look atother works by Rachel Abbott.

Glide Floss Picks (30 pc)
Glide Floss Picks (30 pc)
Offered by We Ship Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than picture shows, 6 July 2014
I hesitated a long time before buying these because I was looking for a replacement for Crest Glide floss picks which are now unavailable, and the picture shows the pick with a stubby end, whereas the Crest has a long point which I've always found very useful. Now they've arrived, they do have the point after all (much longer than the picture shows), and are exactly the same as the Crest version. So I'm more than happy!

A Pocket Full of Shells
A Pocket Full of Shells

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really a novel, 24 Jun 2014
This was an interesting read from the historical point of view, but it would appear that the author has no novel-writing skills. It's meant to be fiction, but it's more like a biographical account. Worth reading if you'd like to know more about the Irish potato famine, but don't expect to be stunned by the storyline!

The Girl in the Box Series, Books 1-3: Alone, Untouched and Soulless
The Girl in the Box Series, Books 1-3: Alone, Untouched and Soulless

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 1 May 2014
I struggled through about 7 chapters of this and gave up when I concluded that nothing but very weird violence.

A Long Walk in Wintertime
A Long Walk in Wintertime

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a good read, 1 May 2014
Libby is a quality write, always a good read. Ireally enjoyed this after wading through books by rather less talented writers! Thoroughly recommended.

Five Quarters Of The Orange
Five Quarters Of The Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars A good but hard read, 26 Feb 2014
I'm a great fan of Joanne Harris, having read most of her novels by now. I found this one slightly less compelling than the others and at times a bit of a hard read, hence only 4 stars. But it's certainly worth reading!

The French House
The French House

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, apart from the drugs, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
I read this immediately after the previous novel, The Missing Boyfriend, and again I found references to drug-taking were in danger of spoiling a really good story.

The Case of the Missing Boyfriend
The Case of the Missing Boyfriend

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, apart from the drugs, 9 Feb 2014
I really enjoyed reading this, but I was unhappy about the many references to people taking drugs, as if it was part of normal life. (Perhaps it is, but it shouldn't be!) Good story, though, and worth reading the sequel.

The Dave Walker Guide to the Church 2014 Calendar
The Dave Walker Guide to the Church 2014 Calendar
by Dave Walker
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Dave Walker!, 17 Jan 2014
Walker's cartoons are the best. I would recommend this to anyone remotely involved in church activities.He seems to speak to us all!

Jeeves and the Yule-tide Spirit
Jeeves and the Yule-tide Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas read, 17 Jan 2014
Amusing, light and topical, this was the perfect short story to try out my new Kindle on a lazy Boxing Day.

Page: 1 | 2