Profile for Colin McAfee > Reviews

Content by Colin McAfee

Colin McAfee

A Coward if I Return, A Hero if I Fall: Stories of Irish soldiers in World War I
by Neil Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of "A coward if I return,a Hero if I fall", 6 Feb. 2011
As a keen Military History buff and a collector of British and Irish military Cap Badges for over 30 years, this book was recommended to me by a friend as my primary focus is on Irish Military Regiments (not surprising I suppose as I am from Northern Ireland)...
This is a well written book and is accurate in it's content and detail, it takes pride of place on my "Best read shelf".
I have a substantial library of great British and Irish Military books and would be happy to advise on what is a good book to look for...
I have no hesitation in recommending it as a great reference book on the First World War and of course our great Irish Regiments. You must read this book!
Happy Reading
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2015 2:57 PM GMT

JJC Leica compatible CR-DC1 Wireless 30m remote switch for Leica Digilux 2, Digilux 3, V-LUX 1, V-LUX 2, V-LUX 3, V-LUX 4
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

5.0 out of 5 stars wireless remote for my Leica V-lux 1, 6 Feb. 2011
Having searched for some time for accessories for my beloved Leica V-Lux 1 camera, I had a couple of options tagged from Ebay, some of which had to be bid for, most of these were quite expensive and awkward to use, I then tried Amazon to see what would come up as I am now using Amazon quite a lot with great success.
The JJC wireless remote came up as a simple to use and very well priced item, whilst unsure of aftermarket products, I decided to run with it and buy it.
From the point of purchase, the communication from the supplier was very good, the packaging was excellent and the delivery was fast.
I have now had the product for a few weeks now and I have to say that it is extremely easy to fit to the camera, no settings to change on the camera before using it and "it does what it say's on the tin", instruction booklet is in English and simple to read.
I am delighted with it and it functions every time, the price was very good, it was cheaper that the more complicated options available from Ebay.
My sister-in-law has just purchased a new Nikon D90 thru Amazon due to my recommendations and she is over the moon with the product and service provided, I suggested that she source accessories thru Amazon to get best price, product and service.
To go straight in, buy a good product at a known acceptable price is much more superior to the bidding process that is so long drawn out and frustrating on Ebay, and no silly charges.....
I highly recommend the JJC Leica compatible wireless remote to all.
Happy purchasing