Profile for Kralia > Reviews

Flood
Flood
by Stephen Baxter

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, perhaps a bit drawn out..., 6 Nov 2010
This review is from: Flood (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this, the idea behind it is terrifying and that alone keeps you reading just to find out what's going to happen. It really feeds your imagination, the mental images you get whilst reading Baxter's descriptions of a flooding world. However, in parts I found myself bored and a bit overwhelmed by all the science he includes. At first it's interesting stuff, but I ended up flicking past a lot of it as it got very boring and unnecessary; much like listening to a Science teacher going off on a tangent that you can't follow! I wonder if it would have made a better story if there were more mystery surrounding the flooding, or in other words a heck of a lot less science.

Would have also liked more insight into the flooding from the point of view of other, more "normal" characters. The gang you follow seem never to be in the worst of it, meaning that sometimes you don't get that sense of panic, dread and imminent danger that makes the idea of a flooding world so chilling.

Despite that, a very worthwhile and impressive read, can't wait to start reading the sequel!

Being
Being
by Kevin Brooks

3.0 out of 5 stars The first half was good..., 21 Nov 2009
This review is from: Being (Paperback)
** Warning - May contain spoilers!! **

I thought that the first half or so of this book was good, the story was interesting and I found it difficult to stop reading. It was the type of thing you expect from Kevin Brooks, fast-paced and gripping.

However, as the story moved abroad, it really went downhill for me. The whole story slowed right down, and I found it boring and difficult to keep reading towards the end. The actual ending was also very disappointing. Despite this, I think the whole idea is an interesting one, and this makes the book worth reading. Not one of my favourites from Brooks though.

Philips HP6408/02 Satinelle Soft Epilator - Strawberry
Philips HP6408/02 Satinelle Soft Epilator - Strawberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Good results, and only a little ouchyness!", 8 May 2008
I had been mulling over wether to buy an epilator or not for a while, and after reading the glowing reviews for the Phillips strawberry, I thought why not! and I certainly haven't been dissapointed.
I managed to get it when it was on offer, for £15, which was a bargain indeed! But even at it's normal price of around £25 it's still much better value than most other epilators.
If like me you get fed-up with the tedious constant shaving routine, or having to use messy delipilatory creams and wax treatments, then I definately reccomend that you get this epilator!
It is really simple and easy to use, and best of all it really doesn't hurt that much at all! I found that it only hurts when you attempt to use the epilator on particularly long, or very very short, thick hairs, and even then the pain isn't unbearable.
I use mine on my legs and arms currently, and soon my underarms too. I did try to use it on my bikini line, but that DID hurt! I think I will wait until the hairs grow a bit longer before trying that again.

The only downside with this product is that it doesn't always remove the finer hairs, and so you may have the odd few left that you can't get off.

Apart from this, I thoroughly reccomend the product!

Boot Camp
Boot Camp
by Todd Strasser

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but disappointing ending.., 11 Nov 2007
This review is from: Boot Camp (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. The story is gripping, and it's a real page-turner!
I found the ending rather disappointing, but I think this book was written not only to be a story, but to inform people too.
Overall very good.

Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever (Maximum Ride Childrens Edition)
Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever (Maximum Ride Childrens Edition)
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Abosoloutely amazing - could not put it down!!, 8 Nov 2007
This book is absoloutely amazing!!
The writer's writing sytle gives you brilliant images throughout the story, so you are able to "see" what is happening as if you were there.
Truly amazing.
Am off to buy the next one now!!

Kensuke's Kingdom
Kensuke's Kingdom
by Michael Morpurgo

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely heartwarming book..., 3 Nov 2007
This review is from: Kensuke's Kingdom (Paperback)
I had this book read to me in primary school, and I remember thouroughly enjoying it, an looking forward anxiously to the next installment!
I reccomend this book.

Big Secrets For Not So Little Girls
Big Secrets For Not So Little Girls
by Miranda Shearer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book - invaluable for teenage girls!, 3 Nov 2007
I love how the book is decorated to look almost like a scrapbook. It makes it all very personal and charming.
It gives a lot of good advice about day to day life, and behaviour and conduct, but in a fun and personal way.
I would definately reccomend it to any girl aged 13-19 and probably over that too! A lovely keepsake.

Pig
Pig
by Andrew Cowan

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, but not much going on..., 3 Nov 2007
This review is from: Pig (Paperback)
This is not the book for somebody who likes a lot of drama, action and surprise!!
It is a well written book, and it reads nicely, but don't choose it if you don't want to fall asleep!
I gave it 3 stars because it's written well, but I didn't enjoy the book at all.

The Road of the Dead
The Road of the Dead
by Kevin Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoloutely brilliant! A "must read!", 3 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Road of the Dead (Paperback)
I seriously reccomend this book!!
It is chilling to read, and is possibly the only book that made me scared to read on at certain parts, but boy i'm glad I did!
The writer has a brilliant way of getting you to empathise with the charecters, and it is endearing to see the relationship between Ruben and Cole develop through the book.
Brilliant plot and charecters! This book will keep you guess from page to page!

Rat / Ferret Starter Kit (23 X 12 X 18" Ht)
Rat / Ferret Starter Kit (23 X 12 X 18" Ht)
Offered by Equestrian Performance

1.0 out of 5 stars unsuitable for rats!!, 2 Oct 2007
This cage is totally unsuitable for rats.
It is too small even for one rat, and rats should not be kept alone anyway! Only in pairs or more.
Please don't buy this for rats, it's too small even for hamsters!

Page: 1 | 2