Profile for Jonesey > Reviews

Content by Jonesey

Jonesey "Jonesey" (Leeds UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Asus RT-N66U - 900Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Router, Gigabit LAN/WAN, 2x USB, Print FTP UPnP VPN Server, IPv6, 8x SSID, Wireless 3D HD content streaming, 3 Year Warranty

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Cannot connect to standard BT phone/internet socket!!!!, 27 Aug. 2013
After reading all the excellent reviews of this unit I went ahead and ordered one.
Imagine my annoyance and disappointment when I tried to connect it all up only to find that they assume that you already own a separate internet modem!!.
I was hoping to replace my ageing and increasingly unreliable Linksys home network device with this unit. However it is not made clear in any of the product information that on it's own it is no use.

So if you want to use this unit for your home internet connection, you must ALSO spend money on a separate modem to plug into your BT phone socket.

Nope. I'm not prepared to spend more money just to get a feature that should be a fundamental part of the product.
Refund request in progress!!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2014 1:46 PM BST

massG® iRig Adapter for iPad iPhone iPod
massG® iRig Adapter for iPad iPhone iPod

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit product. Do not buy, 13 Aug. 2013
This is not a genuine iRig from IK Multimedia and this is not the genuine manufacturers packaging.
Price is way too cheap. Be careful !

Big Bargain AmpliTube iRig Guitar Adapter for iPhone 4/4S/4GS/3G iPad iPod Touch

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit product. Do not buy, 13 Aug. 2013
This is a sale of Chinese counterfeit AmpliTube iRig products. Avoid this seller
Fake iRigs do not contain serial number registration card and guitar input jack socket has gold internal rim. Real iRigs have black plastic rim.

Thermos Reuseable Freeze Board - 400 g
Thermos Reuseable Freeze Board - 400 g
Offered by One Click Wonder

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for wife, 1 April 2013
This was bought to use with a freezer box, as our fridge was being replaced. Works very well, Good product

Essentials Audio Recording Portable Vocal Booth For Home and Project Studios
Essentials Audio Recording Portable Vocal Booth For Home and Project Studios

5.0 out of 5 stars Great products and Dawsons are great supplier!, 14 Jan. 2013
Very pleased with this. More solid than I expected.
It works very well and was cheaper than the well-known brand leader

Dawsons delivery service was excellent. Would buy from them again

JFJ Easy Pro Universal CD/DVD Repair Machine
JFJ Easy Pro Universal CD/DVD Repair Machine
Offered by ADZ Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, 15 Nov. 2012
I've tried all the budget hand cranked cleaning systems with little success. You just get aching arms with poor results.
One PC that I have never been able to repair is Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars, and I really missed not being able to play it due to disk scratches. I used this machine with one 10 second burst of the sandpaper and then a minute with the buffer pad and it works like new!! I am so happy !!!

Thank you for a great little device.
It's easy to use, quick and gives good results.
Might need to keep an eye on the price of extra supplies though.

But can't fault it!

LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor
LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor

3.0 out of 5 stars Horizontal Grid Visible all the time!, 9 Nov. 2012
I've owned this monitor for about 3 months and I am generally pleased with it - bright, colourful and easy to use.
One BIG downside which nobody else has mentioned is that at normally viewing distance (say 18 inches to 2ft away), you can clearly see a horizontal grid of dark lines covering the entire screen. I suspect that it is something to do with the 3D technology. Anywhere that you have a wide expanse of a single colour, particularly pale colours, you see fine lines going across it.
If you were sitting a few feet away to watch a film on it, you wouldn't notice it at all. But if you writing email or letters it is really annoying. I thought it might be because I had the brightness too high (like when you get scan lines if you turn up a CRT monitor too high) but this is unaffected by brightness so it must be something in the design of the monitor.
I wrote to LG about it but never received a reply.

Apart that, it is a great monitor, but avoid it for close work or fine photo editing.

IK Multimedia StealthPlug
IK Multimedia StealthPlug

5.0 out of 5 stars StealthPlug is a miniature soundcard, 29 Oct. 2012
For those who are confused about the Stealthplug, you need to understand that StealthPlug is a miniature soundcard / audio interface and hence it runs independently of whatever soundcard is already installed on your PC. So all input AND output is routed through the StealthPlug once your software has selected to use it. It uses the high-speed ASIO driver system which has no connection with Windows own, built-in and inefficient, DirectX system, You need to use ASIO drivers because the DirectX drivers are too slow and you would get delay when you played your guitar (latency). As the StealthPlug is a separate soundcard, it needs to be connected to speakers directly (or to headphones) using the small socket on the side. It does not use the computer's own speakers because these already connected to the computers built-in sound card. Mac machines let you play with the audio card settings through the Mac control panel so you don't have to worry about separate drivers.

It is a great little device and is easy to set up and configure. It gives you a high quality, low latency connection for your guitar, so you can completely forget about the poorer sound system supplied in most PCs (especially laptops!).

Corsair CSSD-C60GB Accelerator Series 60GB Solid State Drive
Corsair CSSD-C60GB Accelerator Series 60GB Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly fast!, 10 Oct. 2012
I bought my accelerator card just a few days ago and it installed easily. I had to make a minor tweak to my computer's BIOS settings as there seemed to be a clash with one of my existing hard drives. Apart from that it installed like a dream.

The performance improvement is staggering! Previously my computer was taking almost 8 minutes to fully start up, now it is ready to use in about a minute and half.
Applications, such as Word and Excel load up almost instantly.

The only negative side is that it is not clear from the product description that the package now includes a drive adaptor tray and mounting screws. So I ordered them separately at the same time, only to find that I didn't need them. I did, however, need to buy a SATA cable.

All in all, a great product. I wish I had heard about this years ago!

iRig Mix Mobile Mixer for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
iRig Mix Mobile Mixer for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little unit !, 27 Jun. 2012
I completely disagree with what the earlier reviewer said. Either they don't know how to use it or just were unlucky and had a faulty one. I've had mine for nearly 2 months and it works great with my iPad. A few weeks back we had a Jubilee street party and I did the DJing for several hours, everyone was well impressed! It's easy to use, quick to wire up the sound was great and it's well built. It works best with the Dj rig software which has this the beat sync thing which lets you play two tracks and it will match the speeds together. I don't think it would stand up to heavy usage if you were a profesional DJ, but for bedroom use, or parties it is great. If I lost mine, I would definitely buy it agian !.

Page: 1 | 2