Profile for Dekka > Reviews

Content by Dekka

Dekka

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfaction Report, 27 Jan 2013
This garment has now been used and has given excellent service. No further words are necessary whether you want them or not

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfaction Report, 27 Jan 2013
This item had to be used before making a report. It has now been used and is excellent. No words

Swallows And Amazons Forever - The Coot Club [1984] [VHS]
Swallows And Amazons Forever - The Coot Club [1984] [VHS]
VHS

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfaction Report, 27 Jan 2013
I was not aware that the product was (a) a VHS tape, I thought I was ordering a DVD and (b) that it had ben used

Classic Musicals From the Dream Factory 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Classic Musicals From the Dream Factory 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Eleanor Powell
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 34.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Dream Factory Vol 3, 4 Sep 2012
So far I have only had enough time to see two discs of the six in the set and they have been excellent although what the Battle of Gettysburg was doing mixed in with a collection of musicals I do not know. I look forward to seeing the other four discs.

The Dam Busters (Special Edition) [DVD] [1955]
The Dam Busters (Special Edition) [DVD] [1955]
Dvd ~ Michael Redgrave
Price: 5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dam Busters, 21 July 2012
A very thrilling story of the purpose for the formation of a very special squadron, 617 Squadron Royal Air Force, to deliver a special weapon to break some of Germany's dams and delay their industry in time of war. The film was excellently made apart from the "effects" of the bomb explosions and their water splashes. The story of the problems in the concept and development of the weapon and the difficulties in delivering it are well stressed. 617 Squadron was formed at RAF Scampton which, in 1943, was a grass airfield so certain shots were taken at RAF Kirton in Lindsey (where I was taught to fly a few years later) and which was still a grass airfield. Richard Todd - in real life a paratroop hero from WWII- was very good as Guy Gibson, and Michael Redgrave excellent as Dr Barnes Wallis (really that eccentric ?). The added interviews with surviving members of the raid were an excellent idea and bonus. Altogether the telling of a piece of history which should be remembered by generations not alive when the UK, and later its allies, were able to stand up against tyranny.

The Royal Air Force Coastal Command - The Unseen Films [1942] [DVD]
The Royal Air Force Coastal Command - The Unseen Films [1942] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Imperial War Museum Archive Collection
Offered by dvdGOLD
Price: 4.73

4.0 out of 5 stars RAF Coastal Command, 7 April 2012
An excellent collection of small films about the work of this essential RAF Command in World War II. I worked in connection with exercises with some squadrons in the 1950s and spent one morning in the glass nose of a Mk 1 Shackleton over the Far East Fleet on one excercise.

The First of The Few [DVD]
The First of The Few [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leslie Howard
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars First of the Few, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: The First of The Few [DVD] (DVD)
This film is excellent - not one hundred per cent factual - but an excellent film reminding whoever sees it of the problems created by politicians of all persuasions that the rest of us have to pay for, many with their lives. Having lived through the Battle of Britain and watched some of it from underneath, the essential message is there and the history is not too distorted. If only to remind us from time to time and stop us being too complacent, this film should be seen again and again.

Target For Tonight (Collector's Edition) IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM
Target For Tonight (Collector's Edition) IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM
Dvd ~ Jonah Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Collector's Target for Tonight, 1 Oct 2011
I remember seeing the original film many years ago. I thought then and now that the accents were put on but the content was very good and told a story that should be seen by future generations as it is real history in the making.
I also appreciated to additional parts added to this DVD.

Andrew James 12 LTR Premium Halogen Oven Cooker + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 89.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James 12LTR Premium Halogen Oven Cooker, 29 Aug 2011
I found this cooker easy to unpack and assemble and esay to use. Cooking times are difficult to work our in advance so I would advise setting a lower time than you would estimate and adding five minute additions until a suitably cooked state is achieved. As the makers say it does get very hot.
I use a Pyrex dish on the low food grill which produced all round cooking. In spite of the warnings I managed not to blow it up or burn myself. Raising the handle cuts off the power instantly and the timer is clockwork so runs out on its own. Easy to use.

Above & Beyond [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Above & Beyond [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 7.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Above and Beyond, 8 July 2010
I buy DVDs of films I believe I shall want to see more than once. Above and Beyond is a film I had seen previously when serving with the Royal Air Force in Ceylon in South East Asia. I enjoyed it then and have enjoyed it again now. How much of the story was 'fictionalised' for the benefit of the film I am not sure but, as one who lived through World War II in England, I know a great deal of security surrounded the Manhattan Project and what personal strain this may have caused is open to question. I found the film very enjoyable and shall probably see it again.