Profile for J Penny > Reviews

Content by J Penny

J Penny "doodledah" (Newcastle Upon Tyne)

Jakar Five Fine Point Blades Refill For Use With Knives 7312 & 7313
Jakar Five Fine Point Blades Refill For Use With Knives 7312 & 7313
Offered by LPC Stationers

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, brittle blades, 9 Oct. 2013
I use these blades to cut 220GSM smooth card.

They are well greased within the plastic container, which helps with the handling of the blades and also stops them from banging around in the container which could possibly damage the blades.

Product pros:
- Very sharp blade
- Fine cutting tip for accuracy
- Long blade length for excellent visibility

Product cons:
- Using a self sealing mat, when cutting curves the very fine point can get momentarily trapped and snap off.

The above point is why I need to replace these blades frequently, they slowly blunten through prolonged use, but when they get caught in the cutting mat they lose the fine tip and then are no use for detailed cutting work.

Overall, great value good quality blades.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 12:56 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Inkjet & Laser Label Printing, 9 Oct. 2013
I purchased these to print postage labels for my business. I use both inkjet and laser printers.
The A4 labels are a full single sheet, and the adhesive strength is excellent. I have had no problem using these as Royal Mail Large Letter labels.

They print clearly with no bleeding on an HP Deskjet, and also run through my Brother Mono-Laser printer with no problems at all.
I agree with other reviews that note that if you cut the sheet up it can be difficult to peel, but one can notice 2mm down the left hand side of each sticker sheet is an exposed area that is perfect for starting a peel.

The labels come in a box with a removable lid, which makes it ideal for storage and the labels remain bend & dust free.

5 Star Envelopes Peel and Seal Gusset 25mm 115gsm Manilla C4 [Pack of 125]
5 Star Envelopes Peel and Seal Gusset 25mm 115gsm Manilla C4 [Pack of 125]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, 5 Oct. 2013
I bought these to post stationery from my business.

The dimensions make them ideal for ensuring that they come under the 'Large Letter' requirement of Royal Mail. So that makes them ideal for keeping postage costs down.

The self-adhesive strip is perfectly sticky enough to secure the top flap, but I have to sellotape the edges of the top and bottom flaps as they are not secured flushly to the envelope, meaning they snag and can tear in the post.

This would make me rate these 4 stars normally if it wasn't for the excellent price they are sold at. I do not mind taking a few minutes to make sure the envelopes are secure before posting them, but I can see how others may find this inconvenient.

Remington R91 Dual Track Rotary Shaver
Remington R91 Dual Track Rotary Shaver
Offered by SENDERCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars By Jove! SHAVE MY FACE!, 5 April 2013
I read a few reviews before purchasing this miniature beauty (as one does) and saw quite a lot of kerfuffle about the battery life of this twin rotating beard slicer. I am pleased to report back here, that if one charges the old girl properly when she firsts arrives, for the amount of time stated in the instruction manual, she will tirelessly whir around your cheeks for 7-8 semi-close shaves. So that was just a gorgeous find, I must say. Let's break this shaving master into some summarised points, why not ey!?

Battery life: Very good
Noise level: Who on earth would care?
Closeness of shave: You'll get closer, but plentiful closeness for a shaver this size
What's in the box: Charger, cleaning brush, shaver, shaver head guard, instructions
Extra info: The head clips off easily for fast and effective cleaning

For price and performance it is so much a 5 I wish it were a joyous 6!