Profile for H. Roberts > Reviews

Content by H. Roberts

H. Roberts "A FAN called Robert!" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Cock-A-Doodle-Do (Mudpuddle Farm)
Cock-A-Doodle-Do (Mudpuddle Farm)
by Michael Morpurgo

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillllliant, 12 Mar. 2014
Bought this on a whim for my 5-yr-old as i'm trying to move her onto more grown-up books. She loved it, and so did I. We laughed the whole way through. It has a great story, plus an all-important refrain for my child to join in with. Excellent book. Would recommend to anyone.

1222: (Hanne Wilhelmsen 8) (Hanne Wilhelmsen 1)
1222: (Hanne Wilhelmsen 8) (Hanne Wilhelmsen 1)
by Anne Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller, 12 Mar. 2014
It's all here - closed setting of a hotel stuck in a snow storm, reluctant detective with her own demons, killer on the loose... What's not to like? Enjoyed it from page one. Will read more of her books.

Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice
Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice
by Matthew Syed

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of truth here, 12 Mar. 2014
Yes, practice makes perfect! I'm not sure that I believe that anyone can do anything should they practice enough, but I wish it were true, and he writes this in an engaging manner, so I want to believe him.

Under Your Skin
Under Your Skin
by Sabine Durrant

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Under Your Skin (Hardcover)
I can't even remember where I heard about this book, but I bought it with no expectations and found myself instantly gripped. I'd liken it to Elizabeth Haynes's books. Great satisfying thriller. I hope she writes more.

Cockadoodle-Doo, Mr Sultana!
Cockadoodle-Doo, Mr Sultana!
by Michael Morpurgo

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read, 12 Mar. 2014
bought this on a whim for my 5-yr-old - i'm trying to move her up to longer books. she and i were both laughing the whole way through. has a great story, plus the ever-important refrain which she can join in with. i was very impressed, and it's given her confidence that the 'smaller books' are not less funny or entertaining than her bigger picture books. just wonderful. would recommend to anyone.

Look Inside: Space (Look Inside)
Look Inside: Space (Look Inside)
by Rob Lloyd Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 Sept. 2013
My 5-yr-old loves this book. It has flaps within the flaps, which is really exiting for her. It has lots of information and jumping off points for more chat about space. If your kid loves the planets, they'll love it. The middle pages open up into a huge 4-page spread of the solar system.

Elite Stingray Filter 15
Elite Stingray Filter 15
Offered by aquacadabra

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Elite Stingray Filter 15 (Misc.)
I had a Marina filter which came with the tank. It buzzed so noisily that I could hear it when I was in the room above. When in the same room, the noise of dripping/gushing water was driving me crazy. I bought the Elite after reading good reviews on Amazon and I'm delighted. It's SO QUIET compared with the Marina. No dripping as the whole item goes under the water. No buzzing. As good as it gets. Plus the water has cleared up and I can finally see the fish. Great product.

Maisy Goes to Bed
Maisy Goes to Bed
by Lucy Cousins
Edition: Pop-Up

5.0 out of 5 stars my baby love love loves it, 6 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Maisy Goes to Bed (Pop-Up)
Every day and night she stands under her bookshelf, arms outstretched, until we get maisy down. she loves pulling the tabs and opening the doors. i keep hoping she'll like the hungry caterpillar, but no, maisy all the way...

A is for Armageddon: An Illustrated Catalogue of Disasters
A is for Armageddon: An Illustrated Catalogue of Disasters
by Richard Horne

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 6 Oct. 2009
A gorgeous book filled with amazing pictures and fun-filled doom. Armageddon has never been more entertaining. I love this book and am buying more copies for Xmas presents.

Lindam Corner Cushions (4 Pack)
Lindam Corner Cushions (4 Pack)

1.0 out of 5 stars one star a bit generous!, 6 Oct. 2009
rubbish. my 14-month-old child plucked these off the minute they took her attention. and to make it worse, the glue was left behind and i can't seem to remove it from my wooden bench. total waste of time and therefore money.

Page: 1 | 2