Profile for Ped > Reviews

Offered by Go2Games
Price: 12.70

1.0 out of 5 stars Sim City 5, 16 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sim City (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Firstly, I put 1 star because I can not submit a review without entering something, but it isn't even worth the 1 star. This is another case of EA taking without giving and I for one am getting sick of paying for software, spending hours on line to get it up and running ( NFS The Run was another) and then finding out that the games is less than it's predecessors. As someone else also mentioned, with DRM in place you can't offload your used game to someone else even if you want to give it to them, never mind sell it off cheap or trade in. I won't bother to list the known game issues as they have been more than ably notated by other reviews here and on the EA forums ( that is when you can get on them). I could have bought 5 bottles of good wine for the same money and sincerely wished I had, I would have enjoyed that much much more. Shame on you EA, when I think of what you have provided in the past this just looks like another case of "We are so big we don't give a stuff"......Well just remember how you got to be so big.

Body Sculpture BR3010  Rower & Gym
Body Sculpture BR3010 Rower & Gym
Price: 102.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Row Row Row your boat, well OK your BR3010 then., 25 Feb 2013
Firstly, this is not a pro gym equivalent and if anyone out there thinks you can buy such equipment at this price is kidding themselves. It is a rower/gym designed for the home user for fitness purposes and not to train for Brazil 2016. So having established it's targeted market does it meet the criteria? Well yes and no and I guess like most things, it can't be all things to all people. It is easy to assemble, so that's a good point for the home user and comes with a sufficient tools ( I use that term loosely) to assemble it without resorting to a Snap On workshop. The literature supplied is OK but a better view and description of the parts to be assembles would be useful after all not everyone will know what a M8 65mm Bolt and Washer may look like. It took me 20 minutes to assemble, 3 minutes to change into my shorts etc and 15 minutes to feel absolutely buggered. Maybe combining all 3 pulleys with a targeted 35 strokes per minute for 15 minutes was a bit ambitious for someone who has not been inside a gym for 6 years. The other thing I like about this model is of course the "Gym" feature which enables you to change the rowing handle for one or two Pull handles thereby enabling a reasonably good home Upper Body work out regime. Not all rowing machines allow for this. So this morning, day 2, I decide to do another 15 minute rowing session, despite my protesting thigh muscles and some upper body exercising also. Sadly, I had to guess as to how long I was rowing as the counter steadfastly refused to count anything. No Calories, Time, Strokes. Worked perfectly yesterday. Display perfectly illuminated all at Zero. So I remove the battery, which in effect does a factory reset. Nope that didn't work. Undid the Upper and Lower connectors and remade them, nope that didn't work either. So an email was shot off to the manufacturer asking for their input, because the last thing I want to do is to try and repack this thing, which I will probably fail miserably at. Also I live halfway up a mountain in rural Spain, the DHL donkey won't appreciate having to carry it back down again. Bit annoying that a 50p display counter has spoilt my initial pleasure. In summation of the product, for 90 it is what it is and will suit a lot of people and doesn't break the bank. No it is not a Concept II rower ( which in my humble opinion is about the best) but then it doesn't cost 2000 either. Some people will buy it, use it forget about it and not really feel out of pocket. Others will buy it, moan about it and send it back. The majority however, if they have conducted sufficient research before buying will be satisfied with the end result. Therein lies the reality about most things I guess. If you haven't owned one or used one before, research the product, ask anyone you know who may have one or even go to your local sports outlet and try one first. You can still buy from Amazon or any other supplier after that, or indeed tell Mr Local Sports R Us to match the price and you will buy from him,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 8:49 PM BST

Philips AquaTouch AT896 Wet and Dry Shaver
Philips AquaTouch AT896 Wet and Dry Shaver
Offered by Electrifyingdeals
Price: 61.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cut above....., 6 Feb 2013
Used it straight out of the box, albeit it had a low charge, I have been a wet shave guy most of my life having had brief flirtations with electric razors ( Remington & Panasonic) in days gone by and been singularly unimpressed. However with the ridiculous prices being charged for the "Best ever yet ! !razor blades I decided to try an electric razor again, what with the improved technology. This is not a basic model nor is it at the top of the pile but having bought it at half price in the sale, it represents good value. Yes I may well keep a few "Best Ever Yet" wet blades in but I can see this paying for itself in a matter of months.

Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition (PC DVD)
Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by games-wizard
Price: 12.69

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't put in here what I really think, 23 Nov 2012
I waited months for this having pre-ordered. Wish I hadn't bothered.

I can't tell you if it is a good or bad game because I am into 23 hours of download and I am still only 59% of the way there.

This is a premium priced game, it came with three disks yet I am expected to set my computer off and running for 12GB of download

This is outrageous and frankly I think a slack and lazy attitude on the part of the software house and their team.

I understand how they want to protect their intellectual property but they could have included the whole programme on DVD, with just
the patched updates to download.

What's wrong with using algorithmic key access similar to my bank account i.e you enter your user authorisation and a key code is supplied
to enable the game to run.

It wouldn't be as onerous if one had to do that each time you played as it is to wait for 12gb data.

We do not all have ( in fact most don't ) 8/10/20 mb download speeds and as for those who may be on download quota contracts, well they
haven't got a prayer.

So Hitman fans if you want to play this incarnation , make sure you get it and set it running at least 24hours before you really want to play

Oh yes, don't forget, the more you use your computer and/or home network during this process, the longer it takes as the Steam engine is trying
to use all of your bandwidth for the download, ergo any other usage impacts on it.

Maybe I will get to review the game and then let you know how I feel about it , but as it is likely to take half as long again, please don't
hold your breath

Signed....Mr Disappointed..
Comment Comments (25) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2012 9:59 PM GMT

Trust Oxxtron 1000VA UPS
Trust Oxxtron 1000VA UPS
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust TRUST to get it right, 30 Oct 2012
This is the third TRUST UPS I have purchased to protect my investment in electronic hardware.

It's a simple process.

Open the box, get it out, connect you electronic goodies, switch it on and forget about power
outs and spikes.

Job done.

This latest one is protecting my LCD TV, DVD and Satellite. It's output is marginal for this
combination but as it is used to really protect against the spikes that come with the
fairly regular power "Dips" that we experience in our mountain village home in Spain, it is
up to the job. It saves me the job of having to reprogramme my LNB polarisation after each
supply blip, it's worth it for that alone, it's tedious.

When you create a brand, you try to ensure that the brand name creates an image of your company
that quickly tells the customer what you are about. It's not easy and some companies, never get
such brand awareness, which makes their trading lives somewhat harder.

Rolls Royce , Sony, Coca Cola ( still I believe the No1 brand name worldwide) all impart what
they offer you in their brand ID

TRUST! Well that was in my opinion a brave but valuable choice to make when naming their company

It implies they are Trustworthy, you can trust the products on offer and one would hope , trust
their backup and support in the event you should need it, after all, no one gets it right 100%
of the time, not even NASA.

Do I trust TRUST to protect my goodies, trust me I do.

Dance eJay 4 (PC CD)
Dance eJay 4 (PC CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dddddddance Ejay 4, 30 Oct 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance eJay 4 (PC CD) (Video Game)
I used Ejay when it very first came out and it was a simple drag and drop "music" ( I use that term loosely) generator.
Somewhere along the line the software and I parted company so when I saw version 4 on Amazon at a reasonable price, I
decided to see how many changes had been made since version 1.

It works, it's simple, it's useful for creating backing
tracks and "In Game/Video" soundtracks, and it's royalty free generated beats, rhythms, effects and vocals. Great for
uploading to Social Networks, videos created by your good self and not have to explain you sheer existence to their
inquisition as to who owns what.

If you have no musical ability ( I struggle to even whistle) it doesn't matter because the software is so easy to use
almost anyone can create a passable track for their own use.

Best of all, it's cheap in this version ......I am going to take a peek at the latest offering to see if there is
anything in it to justify buying another version.

10ft x 30in Easy Set Pool with Filter Pump #56922
10ft x 30in Easy Set Pool with Filter Pump #56922
Offered by BUYLLOON
Price: 93.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Splish Splash , It could be a bath, 11 July 2012
This is great .

We have had hours of fun, so have the family, so have the neighbours.

It is a splash pool, it holds about 2800ltrs of wet fun.

Out here in Spain, it is fine for laying on a lilo, with a book
and trailing a foot in the water.

Being a relatively small volume, it heats up real quick, perhaps
a touch to warm at times, we have recorded 30C in the water.

On those days, I just have to put up with cold beer to cool down.

Life is tough.......

It was cheap enough.

1 negative point, the lead is shorter than a Microsoft controller,

Teva Men's Omnium Leather Sandal Browned 6153 7 UK
Teva Men's Omnium Leather Sandal Browned 6153 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars They are Teva's they do what they say on the box, 11 July 2012
I have just received my new Teva's they are fantastic.

Am I surprised? Nope, because it is not the first ( or last ) pair I have bought.

Teva sandals are fantastic, they are comfortable straight out of the box, they
are durable and some of the best footwear I have ever worn.

Dusty roads, riverside walks, pebbles, rocks, mountain trails, woodland paths are
the norm for my trusty Tevas which is why I ordered new Tevas, to replace my old
ones ( 7 years old , god knows how many kilometres on the clock ) which had just
started to lose the sole at the leading edge.

So whilst they may look expensive at the time of purchase, divide that cost by a
conservative 6 years and they work out to be less than 11 per year, 20p per week!!

My only criticism is unlike all the other Tevas I have owned, these are more closed
in and tend to make your feet ( well mine anyway ) sweat and as a consequence, more
than a little pongy, which I am not used to with Tevas.

My wife and dog don't think much to it either.

That said this is an endorsement of the brand.

Never owned any? Why not, if you walk, hike, canoe, and many other outside activities
you owe it to yourself to own good footwear.

Tevas are not good, they are Great.

Karrimor KSB Hot Rock Mens Walking Boots Yellow/Black 7 UK UK
Karrimor KSB Hot Rock Mens Walking Boots Yellow/Black 7 UK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Rock, Hot Boots, but no Hot Pants..., 5 May 2012
And you would not want to see me in Hot Pants anyway......

But these boots are typical Karrimor boots.

Comfy, strong, no breaking in required.

The KSB boots of which I have owned 4 pairs, wear well, although I have worn
out several pairs walking in the mountains of inland Spain, but they have always
earned their price, which in this case was a steal.

Warm, dry, sure footing makes walking on the roughest surfaces more relaxed and
enjoyable.

I liked the look of the yellow on black, having had greys, greens and blacks.
That said, I don't think it will be that durable as they have marked quite a lot
already but it is a small niggle and after all I chose them, it was not a substitute
colour,