Profile for Lottie > Reviews

Lottie (UK)

Cushe Men's Bespoke Slipper Grey Slip On Um00768 8 UK
Cushe Men's Bespoke Slipper Grey Slip On Um00768 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right., 12 Jan 2013
I bought these for hubby (38). They arrived very quickly. They fit to size, which is a concern for international orders. He says they are comfortabe. They do not have a overly comfy sole, but suffice well. Glad we paid the extra.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 6-inch Classic Collection Leonardo Figure
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 6-inch Classic Collection Leonardo Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Finger problem, 5 Jan 2013
My son (5) is delighted with his Leonardo. It is taller than his other turtle bought some years ago. Detachable belt and sword holder. Very flexible. Overall very sturdy BUT the fingers pop out. DS is not particularly rough with his toys, but when he tries to get Leo to hold his sword, the two fingers unit pops out. I am going to have to secure these units with superglue to prevent their loss. His old turtle uses a side pin, and this has never happened. The new turtle has a top pin. It is, in essence, a design issue.

Rocket Dog Women's Hazel Boots
Rocket Dog Women's Hazel Boots
Offered by SOLETRADER-OUTLET

4.0 out of 5 stars Rocket Dog Hazel, 5 Jan 2013
Hazel boots arrived today. I was worried due to differences in opinion regarding their sizing as I was having them shipped to Japan. I am 6.5-7, depending on the shoe. I ordered 7. They are a just fit with normal socks on. My right foot big toe touches, but only slightly. There was no 7.5, so I think an 8 would have been too big. Others have mentioned some back of the heel issues. It is curious, but there is a stiff insert that sits at the back of the heel - hence only four stars. I have never had this in any of my boots. Is it for support? I hope it does not cut up my heels. They make your feet look small - quite pixieish. They can be worn inside or outside the trouser leg.

Isotoner Women's Suedette Long Boot Scuffs
Isotoner Women's Suedette Long Boot Scuffs

5.0 out of 5 stars Mummy bear slipper boots, 15 Dec 2012
My son says they look like mummy bear boots : ) Quick arrival. I am 6.5 or 7 depending on shoe. These 7s fit fine. The inside sole is memory foam making for great comfort. Love the fact they are machine washable. Very happy with purchase. Extremely happy they were global eligible for shipping. Will update if anything is untoward.

The Fry Chronicles
The Fry Chronicles
by Stephen Fry

4.0 out of 5 stars Fry chronicles, 19 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Fry Chronicles (Paperback)
It is a pleasure to read Fry's prose. He is witty and articulate. A one star review bemoaned he gives us nothing to chew on, and I will have to beg to differ.

The book is arranged chronologically, and the tellings of his life's events are interdispersed by reflections about himself and wider society. I can see how some may be frustrated by the way he does this, but to me it was rather like having a conversationalist around for dinner. Sometimes we stay on track, and once in a while we do not.

I also think it is to Fry's credit that he is able reveal the truth without bringing any harm to all that have worked with him. This increases his ethos considerably.

Very quotable book, although it failed to keep my attention to the very end (mother juggling kids).

Silvertown: An East End family memoir
Silvertown: An East End family memoir
by Melanie McGrath

4.0 out of 5 stars Gran liked it, 21 Jun 2010
I bought this for my gran aged 86. She wrote to say it brought back many memories for her, as she lived close by. She also said it made her more appreciative of how 'good they had it' compared with her hubby who grew up in this area. 'We then both pulled up ourselves up by our bootstraps, and made a better life for ourselves'.

Research Methods in Language Learning (Cambridge Language Teaching Library)
Research Methods in Language Learning (Cambridge Language Teaching Library)
by David Nunan

3.0 out of 5 stars I found better, 25 April 2006
This book provides a dull synopsis of several research traditions, methodological practice, and summarises a number of 'key' studies. To give it its due, it was somewhat useful as an introduction to the topic. I wish, however, that I had borrowed it from the library instead.