Profile for Mr. D. L. Eldridge > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. L. Eldridge

Mr. D. L. Eldridge "bookaholic" (Cambs. UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Mud and Gold (Promises to Keep Book 2)
Mud and Gold (Promises to Keep Book 2)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange title for a superb book., 14 Jun 2014
Fabulous. I feel guilty that I paid so little for it. But at least my Kindle means that I do not need to erect any more bookcases!

Settling the Account (Promises to Keep Book 3)
Settling the Account (Promises to Keep Book 3)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful volume , part of a saga, 14 Jun 2014
Unfortunately this is listed as Book 2. It is Book 3. So well written. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried.

I am Mata Hari: the life story of the world's most famous dancer, courtesan and spy
Price: 3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A really complex woman., 28 May 2014
A very well imagined story, nicely written. I was quite sad when it came to the end. Both because i found myself rooting for the woman and I was enjoying reading the book so much.

So Shines the Phoenix: England. 1401 (The Wolvercot Trilogy)
So Shines the Phoenix: England. 1401 (The Wolvercot Trilogy)
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything that makes up a good read, 24 May 2014
A well crafted tale woven around a time in English history not that well known. Very enjoyable. I live in the Fens and could almost feel the landscape described in this book.

Mosaic
Mosaic
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable book, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Mosaic (Kindle Edition)
I know that a book is really good when I find a tear in my eye or I laugh out loud. Not spoiled by several typos or (at least?) one historical inaccuracy. First class stamps during WW2.

The Waverley Novels: all 26 books (Annotated)
The Waverley Novels: all 26 books (Annotated)
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars "Annotated" some understatement!, 10 May 2014
I got totally bogged down and bored with the hundreds of pages of the introduction and with no way of knowing where the actual books were to begin, I gave up.

The Deerslayer
The Deerslayer
Price: 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb portrait of an imaginary hero., 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Deerslayer (Kindle Edition)
Beautifully written and able to hold this reader's attention throughout. Characters to love or despise as appropriate. The hero is almost a walking saint.

RIBBON OF LOVE: A Novel Of Colonial America: Book one in the Tapestry of Love Series
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars So many mistakes, 6 May 2014
This book gives me the impression that the writer did very little research into the period in which the book is set. I got so fed up with the glaringly obvious errors that I gave up. For example : two characters enter a "pub" and order "fish and chips" in 1639!

TimeShock (The Archeologists Book 1)
TimeShock (The Archeologists Book 1)
Price: 1.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story shame about the printing, 2 May 2014
Ruined by so many typos. Spelling mistakes, missing words, awful page layouts. Without page numbers I could not make notes. (Why does Kindle use a percentage figure?) This is only accurate to within a few pages. A bit like some sat-navs

The Handfasted Wife - an historical novel (The Daughters of Hastings Book 1)
The Handfasted Wife - an historical novel (The Daughters of Hastings Book 1)
Price: 1.46

5.0 out of 5 stars A window into a little known era., 2 May 2014
I really enjoyed this. Well imagined background and finely drawn characters. An excellent read for no cost, via my Kindle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6