Profile for Little Hart > Reviews

Content by Little Hart

Little Hart

Page: 1 | 2
Melissa & Doug Standard Unit Building Blocks - Natural Hardwood (60 Pieces)
Melissa & Doug Standard Unit Building Blocks - Natural Hardwood (60 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars A family favourite, 25 Nov. 2015
Have been toying with the idea of buying this for a few years but finally bought it as a first birthday present for my son although I was well aware my 3 year old daughter would probably play with them more at the moment. Fabulous sturdy blocks (almost identical to the ones I played with as a child that had originally belonged to my mother - in other words am fully expecting my great grandchildren to be playing with these one day!) in a range of sizes and shapes with pleasingly rounded off corners and edges to soften them a little. They come in a useful box with handle holes on the side for easy storage and transport. Have spent a good few hours building houses with my daughter only for them to be knocked down by the monster (aka little brother) and rebuilt. On the expensive side but well worth it as provides hours of open play options (latest for my toddler is building bridges over the Brio railway and what looked like a small mosque on the play farm and my son merely enjoys putting the blocks into any container he can find and has just started stacking them on top of each other). I think every family should have a set of these at home!

Bear Snores On
Bear Snores On
by Karma Wilson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm favourite, 25 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Bear Snores On (Board book)
A wonderful book about a bear who sleeps through a party in his cave. This is the second copy my kids have had as the first was such a favourite it was completely falling apart - both children insist on it every night and fight over who gets to press the snore button.

Viper Special Ops Tactical Hard Wearing Outer Shell Knee Pads - Black or Green (Black)
Offered by Bullseye Country Sport

1.0 out of 5 stars only buy these if you're going to use them for gardening, 3 May 2014
Special Ops these are not. Being over 30 and with knees which have started to feel it in the field I decided to get a pair of knee pads. These knee pads suffer from lazy design.

With the slightest genuflection they slip out of place meaning that when one goes down on one knee one has to reposition the pad.

When on one knee the rigid and flat shape of the pad means that the straps are uncomfortable and the knee pad itself seems to exert additional pressure on ones knee cap.

I could not recommend these knee pads, even as a value alternative to more dear ones. Spend the extra money and get a decent set - your knees will thank you.

PS I am not Little Hart, but Little Harts husband.

aden + anais Star Struck Organic Single Swaddle
aden + anais Star Struck Organic Single Swaddle

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love, 21 April 2013
I bought this after being given one by a friend when my daughter was born. It has been an indispensable addition to my nappy bag. I have used it as a swaddle, a changing mat, a breastfeeding cover, a sun shade. It is HUGE and wonderfully soft, especially after a few washes.

Would recommend to any new parent and will be buying them as presents for all my mummy friends.

Medela 200.1593 Contact Nipple Shields with Case, 20 mm - Medium
Medela 200.1593 Contact Nipple Shields with Case, 20 mm - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Ensured I kept breastfeeding, 21 April 2013
I was given one of these shields by a paediatric nurse in hospital when I was trying to breast feed my daughter. Because my daughter was in NICU/SCBU for the first two weeks of her life I didn't start breastfeeding until she was around 10 days old and I was having issues with her latching on (I also had one inverted nipple) so they suggested I gave shields a try. They have been amazing and ensured that at five months old my daughter is still breastfeeding. I have tried other makes but none have been as comfortable so I ended up buying and sticking with the Medela ones. They are not too thick so it is the closest you can get to breastfeeding without a shield and I am sure this is why, at four months old, my daughter just decided she no longer needed to use them so we are now breastfeeding without.

The shields do start to cloud up through the washing and sterilising process after a while but as this didn't impact on performance I didn't see this as a problem.

The case is really useful as meant I could wash & sterilise a shield and have it in my nappy bag for whenever my daughter needed a feed when we were out and about.

Would thoroughly recommend to anyone struggling with getting their baby to latch onto inverted/flat nipples.

House of Paws Tweed Oval Dog Bed, 26-inch
House of Paws Tweed Oval Dog Bed, 26-inch

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be sturdier, 21 April 2013
We bought this for our cocker spaniel as she was making the wall behind her flat bed grubby. I love the tweed fabric and the padding is nice and thick. However, overall I've been fairly disappointed with this product. The removable base is useful as it is easy to clean, however, it doesn't appear to fit particularly well so I spend a lot of time trying to force it into place. The sides of this bed also do not stay upright very long so the whole bed is constantly lopsided. I bought two beds the next size down for my parents dogs and they don't have these issues so I assume it is partly down to the size of this bed.

I would recommend the smaller versions of this bed but would advise looking elsewhere for something more sturdy if needing this size or larger.

Clippasafe Bath Toy Bag - White
Clippasafe Bath Toy Bag - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple & useful, 21 April 2013
I bought two of these - one for my daughter's bath toys, the other to stick on the window of our back door to put our dog's balls/poo bags etc in. They are brilliant, I've not had any problems with the bag being too small or the contents getting too heavy yet. It did take me a few goes to get the bag to stick first time around, finally I washed down the tiles to remove the limescale (we have VERY hard water) and once I did this the sucker pads worked a treat.

Would thoroughly recommend this product.

Heimess 733490 Wooden Ring Rattle (4 Coloured Rings)
Heimess 733490 Wooden Ring Rattle (4 Coloured Rings)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but perfect, 4 April 2013
My daughter (4 months old) loves this rattle and plays with it lots. It is the perfect size for her little hands and is lovely and bright. It is small enough for me to keep it in my handbag for entertaining her when we are out an about.

Miffy Loop Rattle (Pink)
Miffy Loop Rattle (Pink)
Offered by Kids ABC

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly fine, 4 April 2013
We were given this as a present when my daughter was born, it is lovely and soft and very cute. I can't really say my daughter is wildly excited by it (she is now 4 months old) but that may come with time.

Manhattan Toy Skwish (Classic)
Manhattan Toy Skwish (Classic)
Offered by Manhattan Toy Company

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favourite toy, 4 April 2013
My four month old daughter LOVES this and can play with it for ages. I'm not sure if it is massively durable as I've not had it long enough but it has held up so far. As for educational - maybe but to be honest she's four months old if she enjoys playing with it that is all that matters to me!

Page: 1 | 2