Profile for Alan Dickson > Reviews

Content by Alan Dickson

Alan Dickson (Down South, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Offered by Tech Tigers

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm new to this, but..., 25 Jun 2012
...I love this trackerball.
I've been getting pain in the top of my wrist area at work. So I switched from a mouse to an old trackerball, which was okay. It works, but doesn't fit very well.

I thought I should spend some money on a proper one for home, so I bought the M570. WOW, I made the right choice.
It fits perfectly in the palm of my hand and I love it. I instantly got used to it, and the page scroll feature is perfect.

I use my laptop on my lap, and this is sat on the chair. I'm not seated at a desk / table etc when I use this at home.

I will look into buying one for work as well now. Love it.

A Breath Of Fresh Attire
A Breath Of Fresh Attire
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Not even average :(, 30 Nov 2011
Routine Check is an excellent song. Very very good. As a result I had high expectations for this album, and it was just pretty lacklustre.
There were no standout lines in the album, the beats were okay, but nothing more than that, and I was very disappointed. I got the album quite cheap and it still wasn't worth the money!

Logitech V-20 Laptop Speakers
Logitech V-20 Laptop Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Used them for years and they still sound excellent., 30 Nov 2011
I was worried when buying them as they are expensive speakers to be used with a laptop. But from the moment I first heard them, I knew that they were worth it.
They work perfectly with my Toshiba laptop and Macbook Air (though you have to change to settings for them to work). Plugging into the USB socket seemed strange at first, but they it works and you control the volume of them either on the speaker on from the laptop itself.
The sound quality is fantastic, and they come in a good quality travel case. I do recommend them if you want some very good quality speakers to go with a laptop.

Body Sculpture BE6115 2 in 1 Ellptical
Body Sculpture BE6115 2 in 1 Ellptical

2.0 out of 5 stars Lived with it for some time now, and it's just not very good, 30 Nov 2011
The bike element of this is quite rubbish. Where you put your feet is a massive area and your feet slide about. You cannot sit down, pedal and use the handlebars at the same time. It is just not possible.
I don't know if mine is faulty, but I cannot adjust the resistance of the machine. It is set to one level and that is it.
I also find using the actual cross-trainer element to be awkward. It works to an extent, but is not very comfortable.

The biggest positive is that the machine is very quiet. I cannot fault it for that. Also the build quality is good. It's just the design and actual application which lets it down. Putting it together took over an hour, but the instructions were very clear.
I have used the machine quite a lot and I just don't enjoy it, whereas down the gym this is probably the activity I enjoy the most. I wish I had bought a different cross-trainer.

Samsung Micro USB Mains Charger
Samsung Micro USB Mains Charger
Offered by Digital Save UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with Samsung Galaxy S2, 30 Nov 2011
I needed a charger to keep at work, rather than having to take my main charger in. This was a bargain and works perfectly. I really cannot find fault with it as it is exactly the same as the charger which comes with the phone, very cheap and works perfectly. Highly recommended.

LArobe Sleeve for MacBook Air 13 inch - Black + Wasabi
LArobe Sleeve for MacBook Air 13 inch - Black + Wasabi

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim, good quality and fits, 30 Nov 2011
I have the Macbook Air 13" and this case fits perfectly. The price was a bargain compared to what was being offered in the Apple Store. The case uses memory phone and I feel that my beloved Macbook Air is protected when I use the case. The zip is good quality and the case looks nice as well. I am very happy with my purchase and it does exactly what was needed. The Macbook Air does not slide around in the case and it feels secure but not too tight.

Samsung Vertical Pouch for Samsung Galaxy S II - Black
Samsung Vertical Pouch for Samsung Galaxy S II - Black
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Slips in perfectly and looks stylish, 30 Nov 2011
I spent ages looking for different cases for my Samsung Galaxy S2 and finally decided to buy this. I was not disappointed.
The case looks very nice and is made very well. The phone slips perfectly into the case and I feel that it is well protected. There is a small hole on the back at the bottom so that the speaker can be heard from the phone.
This is exactly what I wanted from a case, it looks very smart, excellent quality, easily allows my phone to go in / out and is not bulky. Highly recommended.

Aero Sport® ReflectaClipTM 36pcs x 8cm 360º Coated with 3M® Scotchlite® Conforms To BS 6102/2,TUV and StVZO German Road Traffic Approvals Bicycle Bike Reflective Spoke Clips 36pcs, TUV Certified Rolling Road Impact Tested 300,000 Times
Offered by Sports4ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reflective and so easy to fit., 30 Nov 2011
I have 2 lights on the front of my bike and 2 on the back, but the side of my bike is very lacking in any kind of light or reflection.
These reflectors are perfect.
The spokes I have on my wheels are different most as they are flat (not rounded). I wasn't sure if these reflectors would fit, but they do, perfectly. It takes a second to attach each one and they way almost nothing.
I felt that there was enough reflectors to put on both my bike and my partner's bike (front and back wheels), and I know that we will be seen. My partner has the normal round spokes, and these also fit perfectly on them.
I wish I bought these reflectors years ago.

iKlear Screen Cleaning Kit for Apple Products - 8oz
iKlear Screen Cleaning Kit for Apple Products - 8oz
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars It WORKS!!, 28 Aug 2011
To be honest, I thought that this cleaner was a little expensive before I bought it. I have a Macbook Air and had tried to clean the screen with water and tissue before. The existing fingerprints smudged all over the place and it was a mess. BUT with this cleaner, it sorted it all out. One squirt, wipe with the cloth for 30 seconds and it looks like new. My girlfriend is going to use it on her laptop as well now. It really is wonderful stuff. Also the bottle is pretty big so I think it'll last me for years! Very good product.

Lupo Nintendo Wii Usb Fast Ethernet Network/Lan Adapter
Lupo Nintendo Wii Usb Fast Ethernet Network/Lan Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!! My Wii is now online!, 16 Nov 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have had my Wii from the day it was released, but never put it on-line. Mainly because in my house I do not have a wireless network, mine is all cables.
I had a converter for ethernet to usb, but it didn't work on the Wii, so I bought this instead. I read that it would work, as it specifically worked with the Wii.
I plugged it in, went to the network options, waited 20 seconds, and I was on-line!!!!
It was that easy, honest. Also, this company delivered to me in about 2 days, so it was even better. Go and buy this product if you do not have wireless internet.

Page: 1 | 2