ARRAY(0xa3494edc)

Profile for Sophie > Reviews

Content by Sophie

Sophie (Shropshire)

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander 7)
An Echo in the Bone (Outlander 7)
by Diana Gabaldon

3.0 out of 5 stars read it but dont expect too much, 9 Feb 2010
I bought it becuase quite unashamedly i fell in love with claire and jamie when i read cross stitch and i bought the entire series and even though they kinda decrease as the series goes on i still felt the entire series worth reading untill this one. I still think there are lots of good bits in it and i would never have not read it. I think with claire and jamie you get so addicted you have to find out what happened next. But with each installment she seems to go a bit overboard on the descriptions and drown you in historical details, and this one was no exception. I haven't read the Lord John series cos he never appealed to me and frequently this meant i wasn't sure what she was talking about, there was far too much from characters i wasn't concerned with and not enough from claire or jamie, i didn't like what she did to ian, who he fell for or the fact that ended with so many cliff hangers. Each book has left you with details you feel you need to pursue but never has she so blatently done a money spinner and put all the intrigue in the final pages so you have to buy the next one if you want to make this one worth the effort. I was so disappointed with this. Basically my advice is as stated, read it but dont expect too much from it.

The Chocolate Run
The Chocolate Run
by Dorothy Koomson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars my chicken soup book, 5 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Chocolate Run (Paperback)
I love this book pure and simple. Its my chicken soup book, it lives next to my bed so i always have it when im sad, tired, ill or whatever. It's genuinely hilarious, fun, sweet and the characters feel real. Amber's world is quirky and occasionally strange but you can't help being drawn in and i love the footnotes! Basically it's a a sweet romantic comedy with some drama and gritty reality. I've only read one other Dorothy Koomson, Marshmallows for Breakfast, which i thought was good but very angsty. I would recommend her but more i would recommend this book.

Perfect Match
Perfect Match
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner and a half!, 25 Oct 2006
This review is from: Perfect Match (Paperback)
Perfect Match tells the story of how one family is turned upside down when they discover their 5 year old son has been sexually abused. In the fight for true justice, the mother takes things into her own hands and their lives take such an unexpected turn, it is difficult to see how they can ever be right again. Read it!

This the third book i have read by this author and possible my favourite so far. Jodie takes difficult issues and writes about them in such a way that deals with it whilst also exploring the alternatives views. She looks at each side with blatent honesty that makes you explore your own views. The characters created are made real by the fact she doesn't make them purely 'nice' characters. They are characters with flaws, that incredibly you can still find yourself sympathising with. I look forward to reading more by this author because she obviously has a talent for creating fabulous, intriguing and often informative stories from harsh situations.