Profile for Woon Hoong Chin > Reviews

Content by Woon Hoong Chin

Woon Hoong Chin "score enthus" (London, UK)

Nike+ Fuelband with Calorie Counter and Range Finder black Size:M/L
Nike+ Fuelband with Calorie Counter and Range Finder black Size:M/L
Offered by wowtech
Price: 125.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite frankly a very expensive pedometer., 19 Dec 2013
I have the latest model, Fuelband SE version. It can only track vigorous hand movements like jogging. So lifting weights would not give much Fuels. To illustrate, I earned more Fuels on the day I didn't go to the gym.

Introducing "NikeFuel" as a system of measurement is just awkward. The Nike website won't tell me what it is. Just some sweeping statements. So if I walk for 10 minutes and earned 50 NikeFuels, what is it? Just like Swatch's Beat, who cares other than the companies that created them?

When I first logged on to the website, I was asked to choose my goal. By default, there is a Fuel target of 2400. They should have explained what it means to me. Poor first impression. I easily achieved this target, but I am not sure how much to increase. There is a better way of choosing a target, but it's not apparent. The website and the accompanying software is so sparse it is annoying. I cannot really find specific answers.

I am sorry but I can't get around using the band efficiently. Connecting the band to the PC is a hassle. It won't connect at times, the accompanying app for the PC is too clever for its own good - there is no shut down function other than unplug the band. And which side to connect the band to the USB? Should have included a direction sign. To get to the time on the FuelBand, I have to press thrice. After a while, I am bored with it and I am relying on other means to tell time. Unless the band do more than just an expensive pedometer, I am not having it attached to my body day and night.

Finally, to the head-honcho up in the head office. I use my mobile a lot. Hardly on the PC. Not supporting Android is absurd. In these day and age, lack of choice means segregation. I am not having this.

Driving Home For Christmas (Alternative Version)
Driving Home For Christmas (Alternative Version)
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same as the TV ad., 20 Dec 2011
I bought this because I simply adored the TV ad music. I wonder why they decided to remove the choral and the jingle bells. They might be overkill, but hey, it's Christmas.

Driving Home For Christmas
Driving Home For Christmas
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A truly worthy remake. There is so much beauty in this one., 19 Dec 2011
I love it. I just love it. It is smooth, it is warming and a tinge of happiness. Go home for Christmas with this lovely remake. Stacey's voice is just perfectly pitched. Didn't give it 5 stars because it's not quite the same from the wonderful choral TV ad.

Ocean Eyes
Ocean Eyes
Offered by beaches_music_canada
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars An album with all good tracks. A rare find., 2 Nov 2009
This review is from: Ocean Eyes (Audio CD)
This album is such a rare treat. It has been years since I came across an album with mostly great tracks. I cannot point a finger to what makes this a great album. Some tracks feel like someone forgot to turn on the equalizer. However, they grew on me. Definitely the kind of music that you will enjoy on a chilly but crisp morning driving across sweeping plains. Uplifting and unassuming. Notable tracks are 'The Saltwater Room' (like the above reviewer, it's Scritti Politti revisited), 'On The Wing', the magical 'Fireflies' and 'Vanilla Twilight' (wistful). Highly recommended for fans of synthpop and for those who needed to draw the curtains and let the sun shine through.

Brideshead Revisited
Brideshead Revisited
Price: 14.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply marvelous, 23 Oct 2008
This review is from: Brideshead Revisited (Audio CD)
I love this score for its grandeur and beauty. One would imagine big pieces like those lushly Hollywood histrionics production, but it is not. The overall impression is very subtle, just the right note here and there. I do beg your pardon as I can't write about music, but I like the world to share my joy for this album. There is no one important piece here, but collectively, they take my mind away and send me back to old English charm in the countryside, on a late summer evening. Love it!