Profile for N. Broad > Reviews

Lakeland Expanding Click Together Compartments Cutlery Tray & Drawer Organiser
Lakeland Expanding Click Together Compartments Cutlery Tray & Drawer Organiser
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit., 16 Aug. 2014
Sturdily built, easy to assemble, just clicked together when I had decided how wide I wanted it. Fits into the drawer perfectly with no gaping edges. The rubberised surface stops everything sliding around and keeps all the cutlery quiet when the drawer is opened or closed. My only grumble (and it's certainly not bad enough to lose a star) is that the central tray compartments are very slim and don't hold as many spoons as I would have liked. But I'm happy enough with the tray that if it ever wore out, I'd get another one of the same.

Doc Martin: Practice Makes Perfect
Doc Martin: Practice Makes Perfect
by Sam North

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it said on the tin!, 26 Sept. 2013
There's a reason I love seeing the words 'adapted from the TV series...' and it's because I enjoyed the original programme enough to want to see it in print. This is a faithful reporting of the beginning of the first series of 'Doc Martin', but it has the benefit of including the various characters thoughts at the same time. I found this enhanced the experience of reliving the episodes, as their responses often seemed ambiguous on the show.
I read the whole book in two days and can't wait for the next book to be available.

Antidote to Murder
Antidote to Murder
by Felicity Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb page turner, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Antidote to Murder (Paperback)
Another gem from Ms Young, I read the whole thing in only two days although that did mean reading until 2am the first day. A very enjoyable, plausible tale from a gifted writer. I'm very much looking forward to Dody McCleland's next adventure. When I first read of Dody, in The Anatomy of Death, I thought of another early 20th Century fictional detective, Murdoch and his colleague Dr.Julia, until I realised that the Dody books preceded them. However, within only a few pages I was immersed in Old London and Dody's unusual career path and - unusually for me - I didn't figure out who had done 'it'. A highly recommended read, you won't be disappointed.

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (Season 1 - Vol. 1) - 2-DVD Set ( Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - Series One - Volume One ) ( Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - Season 1 - Episodes 1-7 )
Dvd ~ Miriam Margolyes

5.0 out of 5 stars What's taking so long..?, 8 May 2013
I've watched all the first series and I have to agree with another reviewer that I'd give this series more stars if I could. Admittedly some of the filmed stories have wandered quite far from the book plots, and anyone who wants an exact copy should brace themselves. Having said that I was longing for the DVD to make an appearance, pleased to note that the entire season one would be available soon, even though I gulped a bit at the £30-ish price tag. Imagine my dismay when I discovered that the hefty price tag is only for half the season! If the Australians can get the whole lot in one go, why can't the the UK release do so? Although I know I'll probably be in for a long wait, I think I'll hang on for the price to drop a bit before I get my copy - but don't get me wrong, I think it's worth every penny if I had that many pennies to spare!!

Making Poldark: Memoir of a BBC/Masterpiece Theatre Actor
Making Poldark: Memoir of a BBC/Masterpiece Theatre Actor
by Robin Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read., 12 Mar. 2013
Very enjoyable book with great behind the scenes info about the filming of 'Poldark', with some great laugh out loud moments. This isn't a book by someone who is making himself look good, it's an honest portrayal of a working actor who almost accidentally found himself in the limelight. It left me with the impression that Robin Ellis would be nice to meet in person and I'm glad I bought the book.

The Comedy Of Errors - BBC Shakespeare Collection [1983]
The Comedy Of Errors - BBC Shakespeare Collection [1983]
Dvd ~ Roger Daltrey
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars A comedy with no errors, 7 Mar. 2013
Bought as an admirer of Michael Kitchen's varied work and although Shakespeare is a bit hit and miss with me, I did enjoy this farce-style comedy, with misunderstandings abounding, with we (the audience) way ahead of the characters. Recommended for fans of Michael Kitchen, fans of farces, and for youngsters to be introduced to Shakespeare in a positive way.

Clutter Antidote: The Ultimate Guide To Decluttering And Organizing Your Home
Clutter Antidote: The Ultimate Guide To Decluttering And Organizing Your Home

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Mar. 2013
The whole book felt like the introduction. While it says 'throw such and such away' it didn't tell you how to go about it or how to organise it. I would have preferred it to be a more specific 'how to' guide than just a general 'it would be a good idea to throw stuff away'. Certainly glad it was on my kindle and not a book cluttering up my house.

Silva EX10 Plus Pedometer - Purple (Violett)
Silva EX10 Plus Pedometer - Purple (Violett)

4.0 out of 5 stars At last - a pedometer that doesn't fall off!, 2 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Silva EX10 Plus Pedometer (Sports)
Loses one star for being tricky to operate with tiny rubber covered buttons, but I'm still very happy with the product. So much better than a trouser clipped pedometer as it has a ten second delay start so that you don't clock up your steps just for going to the loo. I hardly notice I'm wearing it and yet it does the job it's meant to do. I would recommend the product if you're sick of the clipped ones falling off or sticking to your skin.

Art Deco Tiles (Shire Library)
Art Deco Tiles (Shire Library)
by Hans van Lemmen

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 5 Jan. 2013
Got interested in Art Deco for a dolls house project and this book answered several of my questions about what sort of tiles to go for in decorating in the Art Deco style. Lovely big colour pictures and drawings and loads of them, not only of individual tiles, but examples of architecture that used them. Wonderful read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just exactly what I was after., 5 Jan. 2013
I'm doing a room-box display for a certain snarky wizard, and this lamp is perfect for the room; it's the initial 'S' for his House, and looks distinctly serpentine. Could have been made for it!
The only thing I didn't realise was that the wire runs down one side of the lamp, so would probably benefit from being fixed in place; a small dab of glue sorted that out for me.

Page: 1 | 2