Profile for Fatboy Fat > Reviews

Content by Fatboy Fat

Fatboy Fat (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Chronicles of Barsetshire Collection (Six novels in one volume!)
Chronicles of Barsetshire Collection (Six novels in one volume!)
Price: 1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 27 April 2014
The six books can be read individually but I am very glad that I read them in order because then you can follow the main characters lives over a number of years and really get to understand and feel for them throughout their trials and tribulations. The author's writing is not as bleak as Dickens and the stories aren't as dark and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Fearworld (A horror short story)
Fearworld (A horror short story)
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, 27 April 2014
A short, futuristic horror story that was nice and easy to read and didn't tax my brain too much. I wouldn't have read it if it wasn't a free book and, having read it, i wouldn't buy it but that's more because I'm tight rather than it's a bad book.

the worst POLICE book ever written. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A SENSITIVE KITTEN
the worst POLICE book ever written. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A SENSITIVE KITTEN
Price: 1.92

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 27 April 2014
Although I enjoyed this book I think that you'd have to be ex-police or reasonably twisted to actually understand what the author is on about. The book is quite disjointed and is written as a memoire of what the author did in his police service and it gives him the opportunity to praise or mock his colleagues as he sees fit. I shan't read it again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else but what do I know?

A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 27 April 2014
This review is from: A Christmas Carol (Kindle Edition)
Another book that most everyone will have heard of or seen or read derivatives of but this is the original and much bleaker, darker and true to life than even the Muppet Christmas Carol. I really enjoyed it but that's because I'm a miserable skinflint....

Dracula
Dracula

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Dracula (Kindle Edition)
This book, like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. This is the Bram Stoker original so it might appear quite tame for sex and violence but I thought it was a cracking, spooky tale that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Claverhouse
Claverhouse
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Claverhouse (Kindle Edition)
This is a short, factual history book that I enjoyed because a) I'm Scots 2) I'm boring and iii) I'm a boring Scot. If you don't like history or Scotland and have never heard of the Jacobites, Bonny Dundee and the like, don't read this book.If you have then this is an interesting read about one of the characters of those times.

The Skinback Fusiliers
The Skinback Fusiliers

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 27 April 2014
You may not need to be an ex-squaddie to appreciate or understand this book but it helps. Although fictional it is very true to life and it's funny because of that. This isn't a work of military history, tactics or daring but ,as a biff, I enjoyed it.

Deeds that Won the Empire Historic Battle Scenes
Deeds that Won the Empire Historic Battle Scenes
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 25 April 2014
This is an old book but it is well written and the battle descriptions are quite vivid and exciting, just like this review, except well written and exciting. The battles are on land and sea and involve Nelson, Wellington, Napolean (boo hiss) and many others. Some of the feats are heroic and l thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Diana [DVD]
Diana [DVD]
Dvd ~ Naomi Watts
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars My wifr likes it, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Diana [DVD] (DVD)
My wife enjoyed this film although she was disappointed to discover that the film only dealt with Diana's life after divorce,so only a short period. Spoiler Alert - Diana dies in the end.

The Crabby Old Git on Cruising (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy)
The Crabby Old Git on Cruising (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy)
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 25 April 2014
This book is written as if it's an e-mail from friend to friend. The author of the emails is sending cruising advice to a cruise-virgin friend of his (Cruising in the proper sense of the word) and the advice is instructional and funny. A nice, quick, amusing read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4